Roast Meat @ Sin Ming

I was so busy I had missed my car service. I went back to get the ChemLube and went to Sin Ming. Fortunately, the brakes are still Okay.

So I had an hour or so to spare while waiting and I planned it close to lunch time before the crowd comes in. I found this roasted meat stall at the HDB block next door.

The typical fare of char siew, roast pork and roast duck.

The roasted meat are all roasted on the spot as you can see here making it very fresh and tasty.

I didn't try the duck as I was alone and it will be too much meat. So I just went for the char siew and roast pork.

For $3, the serving is generous and value-for-money. I find it easy to eat "siew lup" since young because the meat is tasty and when the gravy is good, it is fantastic.

The surprising thing is that they even served you with a bowl of pork rib soup with a piece of pork rib in it that is soft and tender.

After a hearty meal and on the way back, I noticed the place has a kampung feel. Chickens roams free here. That is why they say that free roaming kampung chickens always taste better as they are not stressed up living the whole day in a chicken coup and being tricked into laying eggs as they were fooled that day is night. Imagine you are being fooled at work. Sad.

These birds are happy! Isn't that important? To be happy.

I spotted a while rooster. It jumped to the top. 

And then it did what was natural to him. It started to crow. When roosters crow, they stretched up their neck to the max as you can see here. So do people.

This reminds me of a story. A bird met a cow and it needed energy to fly higher on a cold morning. So the cow gave the bird its shit so that after eating it the bird could fly high. This the bird did and flew to a top branch.

As the bird was happily chirping in the trees, seemingly safe, someone shot it down. Fortunately, the  cow came by and shit on the bird. The faeces kept the bird warm and it survived and because it survived, it was so happy, it started singing. The singing attracted a cat that was passing by and aroused its curiosity. Curiosity didn't kill the cat. The cat dug out the bird and promptly ate it.

What do we learn here?
Bullshit can get you to the top but it will not last.
Those that shit on you may not be your enemy and may save you.
If you are happy, keep your mouth shut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese