Bruce Lee Pow! Wow!

Bruce Lee has always been my hero. He was a legend in many ways and he has great charisma, was the most stylish fighter ever and yes even his screams were marvellous! Each scream conveyed a message or expression.

For example, from his screams I learned that his favourite hotel was "Hyaaaaaaaaaatt!" and that his favourite drink was "wateeeeeeeeeer!"

What I didn't know was that some how he has eaten "pao" from a shop known as "Johor Bahru Pau/Tim Sum". Was this pao available in Hong Kong or sent to the USA or was he stopping over in Johor Bahru? Before I go on, have a good dosage of his famous screams!




Now I found this shop at Changi Village quite some time ago but I have no reason to be eating these stuffs even as it aroused my curiosity.

I used to have all these posters, centre-spread of Bruce from the countless magazines I bought and even had a black and white photo with his signature in both English and Chinese but were all misplaced when we relocated to a new residence. Sigh.

So looking around in admiration as I waited for my orders was good.

Power to you!

If they told you so you may not believe it. So here you are, they show it to you in a Chinese article from long ago.

Now let's see if I could agree with Bruce.

The pao skin is tender and tasty be it pork or chicken. The meat has been well marinated and it certainly tasted better than those standard dumplings you find at coffee shops supplied from factories.

The "siew mai" is of decent size.

Oh yes, it tasted wonderful! All these food dipped in chili sauce makes it doubly wonderful!

Finally, I have to test the "lor mai kai " and the "fan choy'. I do believe that when Bruce tried them, he loved them.

Bruce Lee died 39 years ago. In other words, this dim sum shop has existed and thrive all these years or more than 40 years? They might have come to Singapore later but surely they are hot in Johor, Malaysia? My Malaysian friends should know. Go on, try it! No regrets. It makes for a good meal once in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese