Sentosa - Part 1

Singapore is one of the safest place on planet earth but a spate of recent happenings left a sour taste. When you take a bus, you can get pushed down, your MRT breaks down often if not then you get chastised by a grumbling auntie. You take a taxi, you can get crushed by a Ferrari so it had me scampering to Sentosa to hide for a day. 

Coming in via the Monorail this was a much better version than I had known as Sentosa was a destination I would go to when there is some BBQ at a bungalow there or during school holidays when we were young. 

Shortly after we got there, we were met by a man with his snake, an albino python and he encouraged us to have it coiled around your neck and your pictures taken for $6.

It was harmless and I felt its leathery skin.

This is Mr. Mohd Sapi the snake charmer. I asked him what happened to his cobra and he said they don't do cobras any more. Otherwise, I would love to watch him charm and make it dance.

iFly, Singapore and the world's largest indoor skydiving wind tunnel where you can literally fly. Sometimes I fly during my sleep and I guess that it would be good enough for now.



The Skyride. Have you tried it?

You can take it up or down or both ways depending on what you pay for.

Or a combo of both Skyride and Luge.

The Luge is part go-cart, part toboggan. You can control and navigate it through a trail of more than 600 m.

Or relax and sip on something.

By the beach.....

Every now and then, try to make some one happy or jump for joy.


Touristy.

They have Segway here and you can rent it for a guided ride but it will probably cost a quite a bit. Never mind, wait till I build a big house with a sprawling space and then I will place some Segway to move from one place to another.

A good place for bikers. Rent a bike here.

A rocky corner of the island.

A jetty where I know not where it leads to.

A beach for kayaking? Aargh I saw a container ship.

A beach is a place you can spent a whole day on and you won't feel tired or stressed.

An unique feature of Sentosa is that you will often spot peacocks and peahens strutting around.

Here, I even got to learn some bunker play.

This is Siloso!

People are like peacocks.

As proud as a peacock.

Show off.

Do turles live as long as tortoises?

They live long because they are slow?

A lizard looking for food.

A nice figurine to place outside your house.

Flowers brighten up your days!

It's been a really long time since the last visit to our own Sentosa.
Watch this space. To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese