Lorong Halus Wetlands - Lily Pond

Armenia, Cameroon and Uganda has logged on to this blog. Welcome! That made it 112th-114th countries to do so. The other day, a friend recommended that I should join him and his children in diving since I like the sea and the creatures in it so much. I lamented that with whatever limited resources (time and money) I have, it will be very  difficult since I am already quite filled to the brim and thoroughly occupied in the current hobbies plus work.

Also increasingly, I am getting quite fond of snapping pictures. Sometimes, I would just go some where just to snap pictures even as a novice. Not an expert on the high quality of pictures but an angle to tell a story for a picture can paint a thousand words they say. So I headed back to Lorong Halus, the Wetlands via Punggol East. As usual, there were strollers, runners, cyclists and all. What does this picture tells you? It was a cloudy yet hot and humid day and the ice-cream seller is doing great business.

Plants can survive between a rock and a hard place. So can we.

Some plants grow by following the wind. You don't fight the wind.

Despite our small geographical land area, we do have big green spaces. They are free. Go to nature more often to free your mind.

Flowers are special that is why people send flowers to their other half, to a company's opening or relocation. They send flowers to hospitals for patients to brighten up things.

Flowers are not only diverse, they are different in the morning, afternoon or evening.

They are also different on different days.

In the next few years, you will see the picture quality improving progressively starting quite soon. Besides angles and story-telling, to develop photography. Mmmm...time and money.

But I am also saving to buy one or two bicycles, fold-able ones so that I can easily transport them in the car boot if I wish to cycle elsewhere. My son may like to have one too but a Brompton costs $2200! What shall I do? I want to ride all the way here from home and explore other places.

I just to to re-evaluate what I wanted versus what I needed. 

There are just too many competing forces for my limited wallet's attention but we all wanted to bloom like a flower.

Like I have said before, my wallet is just like an onion. When I open my wallet, it makes me cry.

But peace returns whenever we walk in nature.

Looking at a pretty flower is like God talking to you.

Even this one that can add colour to your "kueh".

Not just lilies but also lallang.

I shall return again and again hopefully on a bike not necessarily a Brompton. Or I can run or walk there. It can also make good practice for photography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese