Singapore Blog Awards

Dear readers, 


The Singapore Blog Awards are back for the fifth year. The awards are organised by Singapore Press Holdings bilingual news and entertainment portal omy.sg (www.omy.sg) and presented by Panasonic. 

The public can nominate websites from now till the closing on May 6, 2012 at:


http://sgblogawards.omy.sg/


The results will be released in July at a ceremony at the Singapore Flyer. 

The Awards are to honour tireless new age wordsmith who devote much time and energy in maintaining informative, regularly updated and innovative blogs out of interest rather than for personal gains. They will be crowning  5 Super Bloggers. You stand to win prizes too for your nominations. 

Quite a few people has since nominated my blog for "BIB" or "Best Individual Blog" and I have just started to receive email notification  and confirmation from the organising portal for that. Thanks! The Best Individual Blog is for strong character and free-wheeling content about daily lives and musings. 

So people are thinking of me as the muse. Ancient Greeks and Romans regarded a muse as their source of inspiration and guiding spirit. Muse comes from Latin Musa or Greek Mousa, goddess of memory and mother of the Muses. Maybe I have feminine traits and that makes me dangerous. To muse is to be absorbed in one's thoughts, to engage in meditation, to consider and to say carefully. It is a particular power and poetry. To wonder at, to be occupied in study and contemplation.

Many people have been telling me that many more people should be reading my blog. If you have read my blog and feel the same way, here is what you can do to nominate. For easy reference since a few people has asked for my details in order to nominate:

Contest Category: Best Individual Blog

Blogger's Name: Geoffrey Ng

Blogger's Email: g_force28@yahoo.com.sg

Blogger's Contact: Not Compulsory
Blogger's Title: www.Go To The Mountain - Musings of a Potential Guru.

I learned that you may have to name three topics/articles from my blog which are your favourites and insert the link for their reference and also to state reasons for the nomination such as "it is my daily vitamins", "it is an inspiration", "it rocks my world", "it gives meaning to living", etc.

I'll be your voice in planet blogosphere and I will bring you an all-inclusive Singapore and the world. This will be the first time I am participating since it is the first time having nominations. Regardless of the outcome of the nominations and the awards, I will continue striving to do what I love best - sharing. 

I shall continue to bring you the joy, the laughter and the tears, the triumphs, victories and defeats, the warts and all of life. In fact, I intend to bring the cosmos to you. Coming to a blog near you..........

"An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come". - Victor Hugo.

And between now and then till I see you again, I'll be loving you.
Love, Me.

Here is Collin Raye singing for you and me:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese