Blog and Website

Blog


111 countries have visited this blog to date. The latest were Venezuela, Dominica, Lebanon, New Caledonia, Guatemala, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Peru, Jordan, Guam, Reunion and Gabon. There are about 458,000 hits as of now. The reason why I am sharing this is simply because it has been an amazing experience for me! Sometimes when I am walking on the street now, someone may call up from behind "Hey Guru!" or shout from across the street "TGIF!!" Thankfully, none have shouted "Owe $ Pay $", the modus operandi of loan sharks. 


I have made lesser known hawkers happy especially when they saw themselves on the blog. Restaurants and other retail businesses too. Sometimes, I may not even inform them. I want to catch people doing the right things. I give you an itsy bitsy of a vacation or when I travel, I show you what are the suitable golf clubs for you and explain why, I encourage you to embrace nature, develop hobbies, spend more time with family and friends, give your 2 cents worth on soccer, how we can make Singapore better, humour you and make you laugh, give a low down on soccer with many more but the list can only increase. 


So it is kind of social engineering they say but to me sharing comes naturally but to share openly may make some people feel vulnerable. For example, sometimes I can be critical. Being critical puts oneself in a corner and into the spotlight. Ha, let me catch you doing what you said should not be done. Go ahead, make my day. This will keep me on a tight rein and I won't feel restrained. I am not  your role model, just a potential guru. Take a leaf from Dirty Harry, opinions are like a**hole, everybody has one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quaQRYahPf8


It has kept me connected with many friends even though they can be very busy or are overseas but they can just find me there all the time. Some will call me, text me, email me after reading, especially if they found something they like. Some gave me the thumbs up with superlatives! As I write, I have to walk down memory lane recalling the past with great fondness like time travel with the sights, sounds and smell. I have to visualise the future and I have to remember to live in the current. As I write, I am reminding myself about values, morals and principles. This is mental gymnastics and brain exercise. A few friends were amazed with some minute details about past events I have written, so it is working a bit. 


Keeping In Touch

I find it amazing that time passed us by so very quickly. I am sure you will find that too. We just have too many things to do. Quite often I'll call someone up and they'll say they'll call back. Soon a month has slipped away. Time, my friend has been slipping away. Every time I meet someone, they will inevitably say "keep in touch". You better do, time is slipping away. Listen to Max Merritt and The Meteors, a song which our Western Union Band recorded too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7nXGKBN3Sw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL711B4A5A76F70B7A


I realized that I could keep in touch with friends without being intrusive. Sometimes during their down time, they could access, read and connect with me. Some folks will write to me or call me. They told me they love following my blog and said I must carry on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ehpe7b4fX8 (Bobby Caldwell)



facebelt


Way before facebook, I had wanted to do facebelt. Groups of friends can lend their faces and get them printed on a belt. Then they can go out and meet wearing the similar belts. Or you can print the faces of your heroes and boldly proclaim them.


Such belts are a boon for bounty hunters. All faces of wanted criminals can be splashed on them. You punch a hole whenever one is neutralised like Mas Selamat or while you are putting on weight.






















Then a certain Mr. Mark Zuckerberg beat me to it and came up with facebook. The rest is history.
Golf

Meantime, while golfing with friends, I used to dispense advice on golf equipment when I saw people using clubs that were not suitable for them. Shafts that were too stiff, loft that were too low. They don't even more what is swing weight. I knew because I got frustrated the same way like everyone and paid dearly for unsuitable clubs. 
Of course at the end of the day when the cows come home or the chickens are back to roost, it is nothing more than your golf swing that matters but having the right equipment with the right specs, suitability and greater friendliness without fighting with your own clubs help makes your game more enjoyable and without paying with an arm or a leg. Where money is no object, you can try this or Honma.
















I was determined to find out the whys and hows of golf equipment and became a self proclaimed guru of golf equipment. More and more friends were appreciative of the advice given. So I had to use my experience to share with friends by recording these things onto my blog and they started reading. It was a maiden voyage of some success but sometimes I get rubbed the wrong way when I didn't bring my "A" game onto the course by some ungrateful souls or they may say things like "I thought you are the guru?" Wow, it hurts. Ouch! Be careful. Sometime ago I told people that one day I wanted to build a golf driver where you can adjust direction of flight. They are here now. We didn't have an industry here for me to explore. Again, I was beaten.

Next Step

Then it dawned on me that I could share everything and anything. So I shared my thoughts on social issues, family, relationship, wisdom, inspirational stories, jokes. I added vacation, soccer, food, the good old days, friendship, martial arts, Bruce Lee and got hits and exponential growth. At times, I have friends requesting certain topics sometimes difficult ones. Maybe they wanted to test my prowess or comprehend my thoughts. Is this guy for real? 

Recollections

To write, I find myself going back in time for recollections of places, events, names and places. I am actually giving myself reminders and advice too when I touched on failures and success, dos and don'ts. I find myself learning too as I plodded along. I got connected to more people as well maybe sometimes I struck a chord or a raw nerve.  If any one said that Singapore is boring, I'll show you the many things that we can do. I have benefitted businesses by making people aware of such venues and avenues. I have shown that we can get interested in many things not just sex and vices. I have connected and got connected with people. This in itself is rewarding. 


Blogging is a lonely task. You pick your own as well as others' thoughts. You watch goings on. You provoke thoughts by discussing issues. I have bought cameras for the family but never myself. So now the family has done me a big favour getting me one that is handy as I usually like to catch candid and unexpected moments.


Guest Writers

May be I should invite guest writers. Some folks are shy and may not feel comfortable with their faces all over but face book is ok with them. Then just write. Have your say, tell your story, share your experience. I am sure everyone has a wealth of experience and tonnes of stories to share. Be my guest writer and benefit others or let me feature you. Better still start your own blog.

Monetization

Many are also telling me that I should monetize my blog in any way. Buy, sell, trade, etc. It may well happen but I do not have the time, yet. Ah, now is yet and yet is now.


Website


They said  - start your own website. I did but it is still under construction. I need construction workers! 

http://g-whizzguru.com/














Life is about.....

















Anybody can have their own blog or website.

Bruce Lee: "Knowledge is power but character respect."

Don't fear failure but low aim is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.

All types of knowledge, ultimately means self knowledge.

Willing is not enough, we must do. Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese