Take Time To Play

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All play and no work makes Jack a mere toy.

Consider this, countries with abundance of natural resources have people who tend to be more laid back, relax, even complacent and if I may say it - lazy. Others with nothing, have to work very hard for their survival. Usually too hard. Where is the balance? If we put the so-called hard workers from countries with nothing into countries with great natural resources, will be become lazier? Conversely, what would be the effect be like?

If you have been working too hard - long hours, too much work, working at great speed, it is time to find balance. We need balance to try to be optimum. Yes, we need to take time out to play. Indulge in hobbies. Or it can mean just taking a break or to break routine. Refresh your mind.

The dust has settled for the Punggol East SMC By-Election. I welcome you to Punggol and I somehow felt this is a very nice song to share. No meaning to it, just felt nice. I like the sound of drumbeat and also liberty.


If you wish to cycle but don't have a bike yet, you can rent one here. They have them for guys, the ladies and even children or those that two people can pedal. The shop is just at the beginning of the park next to the canal.


















Instead of buying a resale house why not a resale bike. It's cheap, not more than $50.



















There are several ways to ride depending which route you take. You can go all the way to Punggol Promenade, Punggol End or Punggol Marina. Coney Island is not ready for you yet though.


















There are many sights to enjoy along the way, like people fishing, cycling, walking and running. Then there is nature. I am really enjoying riding my bike. It adds life to your days.

There is great serenity here. Peace, quietness, calmness, stillness. Immediately, I recall these words from Psalm 23: "1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, 3 He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right path for His name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

I found these words so meaningful, too relevant and assuring.

I'll stop by to watch these birds hunt for fish or other food in the water. They will wait patiently, stay alert and poach swiftly. Even the birds will have their food without the anxiety that humans have.

The journey like life is one of fascinating discoveries. Without exploring and discovery, life is just too mundane, self centred no matter how smart or successful you think you are. 

Build the foundation of your relationship like a bridge. Look beneath it to understand a bridge or a person. You will learn how each pillar support one another. If you cheat, remove a pillar or two, the bridge as in a relationship will warp and finally crumble. Only people with great wisdom will understand this because while the head may be intelligent, the heart is selfish and greedy. Self-centredness and greed will cloud your intelligence just like oil will not dissolve in water. 

Most importantly take time to play. We have to add life to days and and not necessarily add days to life. By 2030, more trains will be added I read but the population will be 7 million. There will be no more fish in the rivers and some of you and I will be too old to complain and when you complain too loudly your dentures may fall off and get damaged and there will be another long queue for the dentist. Come play now!

I stopped at some spots to take in a view, look for marine life, etc. It was here I met an amiable old man, not abominable snowman. Just an old man who rode his bike. His was quite similar in a hue of white but a Dahon. He told me he came from Yishun, folded his bike and came by bus and asking me for directions. 

I took another break and the old man met me again. This time he sat down and we spoke a bit more. Told me he bought his Dahon from China for RMB3,000 ($600). He was thankful because he had a stroke and at one time could not walk properly but now he could ride a bike. He was thankful and grateful. He must have been a successful man as he walks the golf course of Seletar and washes and cleans his bicycle there. He even show me mobile phone apps for cycling tracks. We have to part and bade farewell. His name is Chua. He said it'll be good to get an auto gear and gave me a name NuVinci and said it is costly. Better disc brakes too he advised. By now I was thirsty! As my thirst was being quenched, I realised that quite quickly I will be like him in future years, not the country club but the age.

On my way back, I saw another majestic bridge. If only relationships are just as majestic. 

I adjourned to Punggol Park. I came across a fallen tree, I felt the branches looking at me... here's Keane:
So why don't we go, somewhere only we know?

The tree seemed to have fallen but it started growing from the trunk on the ground. This tree reminds me that you can't keep a good man down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5TrycM12w (Bee Gees).

And what tree is this at the park?

What are these pods? Certainly not iPods.

What do you think this is? Sheep's wool?

Cotton?

This is what it looks like having fallen to the ground.

Huge strong roots! Only if human relationship are the same.

A river runs through it. With so many ceaseless property development surrounding this beautiful place, will the landscape be abused? I hope people will take care of the environment.

Return to mother ship.

We come in peace and at peace we shall remain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese