Did You Go To The F1?

Each morning when I get to work, I will turn into the F1 circuit via Nicoll Highway. It didn't make me feel like a F1 driver because the roads were normal and of course my car. 

However, as the impending event on the global calendar unfolds a few weeks from the date, you can see the drama building up. Fences erected, crash barriers placed, you begin to see the actual circuit. 

I was prepared to accept some inconvenience as there will be traffic jams each morning even when I left for work earlier due to road diversions. However, I could not comprehend why the LTA could not waive ERP charges or at least reduced them to a standard charge simply because we ended up having to pay when we usually don't or having to pay a dollar became two or three dollars. Having to pay more for the inconvenience caused to us is unheard of!

On top of this, we even have to pay to get home everyday as there are no routes left to us as an option without having to pay ERP charges even when the F1 was not here. Those who opted not to pay work later and perhaps have no time to make babies. While I can't prove it statistically, humans are about emotions and sometimes little things can make a difference.


















I had the opportunity and fun of going to the F1 on numerous occasions in the last few years thanks to the friends who sponsored. These were my previous articles:

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2011/09/f1-exhilarating-experience-part-1.html

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2011/09/f1-out-of-this-world-part-2.html

Best wishes to Singapore and hope they do really well in the coming years! Farewell Michael Schumacher!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese