Bangkok Food Trail - 3

Continued..... from.....

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2015/01/bangkok-food-trail-1.html

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2015/01/bangkok-food-trail-2.html

All good things must come to an end. A couple of friends told me that I have to come here and it is just so near the hotel. I walked here and there but did not pass through here and finally. More than relaxing in one corner.

A funny thing about city folks - they like new fads. They like to queue for new things. I was walking along when I saw a queue for dessert even before the shop was opened.

The street that leads to MBK closed to traffic. Some big event happening later. I got myself a few pairs of bermudas just passing by.

Is that a Japanese or Thai cat?

An entire Hello Kitty shop that may excite some people. 

But this was more exciting. Again people in queue before it opened.

It's everything mango.

Mango Tango 

They serve you anything in their concoction with mango.

We had the simplest form of mango.

With no more money to spend we have to have simple food at the foodcourt.

Like kway chap.

How do they manage such a huge pot and sell them in a day?

Besides other Thai delicacies and favourites, this is an absolute gem that you cannot leave without getting it. I should have gotten more. Just put a spoonful or so into your soup such as your instant noodle and taste it as the magic unfolds. It is so spicy and so good you will not get enough of it. 

The difference between man and woman. As we sat down sipping Black Canyon coffee, I saw quite a few people at this shoe shop and I thought "good heavens'', they are selling Clarks and I promptly got myself a pair but they are not Clarks. First pair of shoes from Bangkok. In my youth, Clarks were like Mercedes Benz of shoes. I'll start saving for my first pair of original Clarks.

We were rushing to get back and have some time to rest before catching a plane. Otherwise, these pomegranates were so tempting.

Along the way back, the street event started.

An art festival has kicked off.

There was music, dancing and performances everywhere.

Love the arts people. 

The arts people lighten and brighten the world everywhere.

Need to quench that thirst and have a beer before we go.

Bumped into some magicians and a headless guy at the hotel.

The hotel left a note to warned of possible serious traffic jams to to festivities and some road closures and advised to leave early for the airport. Bye bye Siam Square.

Cos I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Thanks to friends who accompanied us and helped bringing us around to a few places.

Only one regret. Was too busy to get to do the popular wanton noodle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese