Changi Golf Club

How many rustic places can you find in urban Singapore? At the rate we are going, the future generation may not even have a chance to know what is rust let alone rustic. Pulau Ubin is a rustic sanctuary. I definitely lamented the loss of Seletar - Seletar Base Golf Club was a place I frequented. I felt like I was in an English country side just travelling inside. Even after I got my golf handicap I continued to play there once in a while because I simply love the place. Then the bulldozers came and took it away along with all my fond memories. How to tell your children let alone your grandchildren stories?

There is still a glimmer of hope, like at old Changi where there is a golf club, the Changi Golf Club built on hilly terrain and is as old as it looks. This is the last bastion if not the last of the Mohicans. You may have read about wild boars scavenging the grounds here before. I have been to Changi many times but never have I stepped into the place for a round of golf...until now. 

You can have your meals around the Changi Village hawker centres or nearby coffee shops before your game. It is a no frills course. The lockers were like those of old army camps.

The 9-hole course is not long but the par threes are. Mostly more than 180m. 

After 2  holes, you have to swing over the other side by crossing at a traffic light. 

The terrain is undulating and trees aplenty.

It is hilly so unless you are a seasoned members or visitors, you may have a little trouble adjusting to distances.

It is always nice to tee off from a plateau at the top.

Watch out for the sweeping fairways as they can be tricky.

If truth be told, this is a good training ground for your golf as you will need to place your shots. Moreover, the greens are small so you have little space to work on.

And when all is done, you go over across the road to the clubhouse where paradise awaits. 

You find yourselves just across from Pulau Ubin.

You will also find fishing enthusiasts across the stretch of beach.

All the way to the shelter at the end here.

There are others swimming or taking a stroll.

Besides watching life goes by, I was surprised to find a ship up close. 

It is the evening of the day. This is an evening of my life.


Cheers to life! Everyday should be like this.

When will I see you again?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese