Punggol Promenade

This time we decided to drive to Punggol Promenade and from there to walk, run or cycle further up. I did all three. I stop at this embankment because I saw these plants growing all over. Water is life. Without water, we'll die faster than without food. Can you imagine not being able to shower? Without water, you can't make beer. If food is your body, water is your soul.

They could even grow around rocks so long as there is water element nearby.

Maybe partly with water coming from the this most unique toilet.
A PUB boat passing by created a stir.

I saw a few "haruan" in this small stream but the disturbance from the boat caused the water to be muddy and the fish to scattered.

The Halus Bridge in its grandeur.

Dismount and push, the sign says. Cyclists must take note especially on pedestrian crossings to dismount and push for your own safety. Mau tak mau? Dismount!

The pace of development can be seen from afar as a river runs through it.

Look at the number of cranes. An alien invasion? Well, yes if there will be 6.9 million. Punggol is very lovely now but I watched daily the vegetation and greenery being cleared and in their place new buildings. A necessary evil?




Even the willow weeps. It is so called due to its drooping branches - the weeping willow.


On a good day, it would be so pleasant to sit by a river to read.

Weather permitting.


Take time to look at flowers even if you don't smell roses. Flowers are like literature. They do not motivate but they inspire. They induce a feeling and gives clarity to thoughts. You learn to think through your heart instead of just your brain as the brain can be quite useless even if you are just clever.

Are they constructing a road or highway?


You cross this bridge to bring you back to where you came from. Can you imagine a journey in life where it is a one way ticket where you cannot come back? How sad.

Two huge beams straddled across the sky. It must be a highway bridge they are constructing.

Young flower buds are fresh and innocent.

Like humans, they can either bloom in full glory or wither and rot as you can see here. I pray that you bloom but blooming is nature and takes time and its course. No need to rush.

Benches for you to rest if you had a long walk or run.

I saw an amazing sight that made the trip worthwhile even it was on my birthday. A school of fish. Rather they were fry led by the mother. They would swim together for 2m and surface each time. Probably Haruan or Toman.


An open air toilet if you feel leaky. I know of people who call themselves or their dogs Lucky but I hope no one calls themselves Leaky.

Another great discovery that made my day. I never knew that mimosa (touch me not) could could grow and stand up like a tree. It was the first time I have seen anything like it. We must be standing on fertile soil!

I went closer to inspect just to be sure they bore the same type of flowers like mimosa.





















I touched the touch-me-not to see if they fold. They did in an instant. It is a mimosa. There are many things we do not know than we do no matter how smart or knowledgeable we think we are.

We are back to the Halus Bridge.



















I am happy that my decisions and actions always allow me to go where I want to go. Return to where I should. Like a free bird. Always open arms of friendship to welcome me. Get lost in order to find my way without harming anyone, not even a fish. On the latter, don't try to find out. I can always change in a jiffy. Hi-Yo Silver!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDedUcmvgL8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vavK9JFQfVw (highlight link, right click and click go to:)



















Ciao! Me and my white horse Silver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese