Running In The Family - Part 2

Dad can fidget with anything, from cars to cameras and very much a DIY guy. He could fix anything. Mum can cook anything. They taught me honesty,compassion, kindness and generosity without saying a word about them. How? I watched them over the years. I am sure yours too. 

My elder sister protected me when I was little. She may have forgotten by now but I never did. She smacked a bigger boy in the neighbourhood who bullied me. You see people will never forget how you make them feel. She now paints as a hobby. She could possibly paint anything but likes and specialized in Chinese paintings. Let me share with you some beauties. She has been training and practising for some years under a Master. More on that next time.

Sisters


Sunflowers!


She exhibited her works not so long ago when she was invited as among Singapore's top 15 emerging artists.















A detailed explanation of her works during the exhibit.
















Another of her works that was on display.
















Her painting of koi.















And the elegant painting of a stallion. Isn't she talented?



















Younger sister is a real talent in the corporate world and yet humble.


This is my favourite only nephew (left). He is very talented for he could strip a computer or build one from scratch when most of us do not know where to find "any key" when prompted to strike any key. He plays a mean game online, makes good ice cream, cooks and knows his ingredients, fish, is now into photography and sings very well. I was completely won over when I heard him sing and the way he fingered and strummed his guitar. Multi-talented. 



















Children


We all grow and develop in different ways with different interests. We need not be the same. As long as you pursue your interests and hobbies passionately you are a success. My daughter loves nail art. She is also picking up the guitar. Young people can have lots of discovery. Life is a journey.


















The son likes to work out in a gym, do martial arts, online games and he is good in writing. In fact, it was both my children who egged me on to write and to start blogging. He is passionate about fishing and rearing fish andhas an interest and passion to cook!


Baked Salmon with Paprika. 



















Fish in beer batter.



















Salmon in bread crumbs.



















Honey/mustard Dory with Parmesan.



















Battered Soy Sauce Dory


Ham-mer Yu.



















Sausage Omelette with onions and good "wok hei".



















His chawanmushi is very special and he can even bake cakes!



















He is good in animation and won an award at school.




















And finally the family portrait of the the grandparents with some of the grandchildren.



I am a family man. Here's Hall & Oates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQdu4UOCUZc

Running in the family?

To Be Continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese