Run@ Punggol Waterway

The Punggol Waterway won the prestigious "Superior Achievement Award. The first Asian country to secure top honours from the International Water Association. It was a historical and proud moment for Singapore. 

Most time if I choose running over cycling, I'll run 3km from home to reach Punggol Promenade and if I were to go a little further, I'll get to the Halus Bridge which carries you across to Lorong Halus. Just at this bend, you can see the Punggol Waterway stretching to the HDB estate. Use the link here to see the complete works.

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/punggol-waterway-park

There would be times when I drive up to Punggol Promenade and run from there to a location somewhere between but before Punggol End. Other times, I drive right up to the middle of Punggol Waterway and run in this place nearer the HDB estate. 

It is no less a great place to run.


There are bridges...

Waterway...

With plenty of greenery to absorb your dispensed energy and stress.

I think it is really nice for those who are living here but the question left begging is actually how many people really use the facilities. 

Water is life my friend. Bruce Lee said water can adapt to the shape of the containers it is held in. It is very adaptable. It creates energy and power like a water fall or it can sneak into cracks of a wall or a cave. Water can flow or it can crash. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless. Be water, my friend. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHSbMR_udo

Bruce Lee Forever!

The serenity of the place can keep you going but the recent heatwave is a killer. I felt like a mosquito flying around and then suddenly my wings caught fire and self immolated turning into ashes. But just as in life, it is not about failing or falling. It is always about how you pick yourself up and rising like a Phoenix from the proverbial ashes. 

Even if you run into a brick wall. But if you are an egg then don't. Otherwise, you live your life as a warning to others and all the King's horses and all the King's men could not put Humpty Dumpty together again.

I think at times SG has learn to think differently and that is very good. Just as this photo showed. A bus stop in one part of the waterway park. I thought this is ingenious. It must have been a part of an old road where a bus top was and they incorporated it as part of the park and built over and around it. SG is learning to have fun!

A bridge connects and builds friendship. 

Never burn your bridges. Allow me to introduce you to the music of Cusco:

(Inca Bridges):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8QDsqT5_Oc&list=PL5daEQa8MuwwGcDDTgCM5O7gNTkq6ztzx&index=45

Because when darkness comes, even your own shadow disappears.

Unbeknownst to many, changes create stress in people. They refuse to adapt and accept changes and constantly living in the past.  But SG is changing most rapidly. Sometimes, we have to take a certain path to get out of the jungle when lost to find water or stay there and die. 

Evolve or die. In between find a place to "lepak". Discover unknown paradise.

(Cusco - Unknown Paradise):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjJV_iP198&index=50&list=PL5daEQa8MuwwGcDDTgCM5O7gNTkq6ztzx

To lepak is to spend one's time aimlessly, loitering or loafing around. You will be surprise some do that all the time while others just don't seem to know how. 

Both extremes are dangerous. In life, balance is everything. 

At times, you have to know when and how to stand alone. Not just because there are more on the other side that they are right. 

(Cusco - Solitude):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWomQ-jGH58&index=56&list=PL5daEQa8MuwwGcDDTgCM5O7gNTkq6ztzx

May a thousand flowers bloom for you. I thought you only get this in Tokyo so I am pleasantly surprised to find this.

Little flowers everywhere, when you find them I'll be there. We have fun we have joy we have seasons in the sun but the joy that we had were just seasons of our time.

Even a longkang (drain) can be beautiful. Find beauty in others. 

I was intrigued by the beauty at this underpass of a bridge.

And its light play.

Safra is coming up this way.

I was warming down and walking up a slope when I heard the most absorbing song from nature. 

It did not budge even as I trudged up the slope slowly to take a closer look.

It was singing at the top of its voice.

Non-stop. Unfortunately I did not have a proper camera with me.


Maybe it was saying when I grow up I want to be a condor.

(Cusco - Flying Condor):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feCKQujrKE&list=PL5daEQa8MuwwGcDDTgCM5O7gNTkq6ztzx&index=41

I was having a bit of pain in the sole after running recently. I suspected the old lady pair of New Balance are no longer absorbing the shocks as well. After national service, I always passed my IPPT tests. More than that, I would get "Silver'' award and if I remember correctly, $200. I would then buy a pair of new running shoes.

I would not go for Gold. Gold are for those born with some abnormalities to go under 10 minutes or so. Maybe they used to be chased by dogs or nut cases. 

I remembered I have used various brands including big names. I remember that New Balance and Reebok fitted me well. But one of the best have been Asics. So I got myself a pair of Asics and hope to keep on running while I can. Keep the heart pumping.

I would slowly walked back to warm down passed the lovely woods. Please do not miss the trees for the woods.

We must hope to sustain monster energy.

There are still many inactive folks out there. I encourage you to come forth. Stay active while you age or  you will just age actively. 

Yolo! = You only live once!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese