Big In Japan - Part III

Continued from previous post...

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2015/04/big-in-japan-part-i.html

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2015/04/big-in-japan-part-ii.html

The thing about hotels I do not understand is that they usually give you small tiny weeny bottles of shampoo and shower gel. I often ask myself how am I suppose to have a proper shower or shower a couple of times a day using such ration? Are they cutting costs or do guests always takes home these shampoo and shower gel? If guests are taking them away then they should provide the largest bottles they could find so that they can't stuff them in their bags. 

I like this hotel that I stayed. They do the simple things exceedingly well. Yes, we should always major in the majors and do the simple things very well. I have never had better showers in a hotel than this. Big bottles of Shiseido shampoo and shower gel with nozzle.

I have little time before I have to catch a plane. I wanted a last hurrah, that moment of glory with a nice Tokyo udon. I went back to the same shop but it was at a later time than when I first arrived. Another beef udon would be great but I was disappointed they were sold out. The guy said why don't you take chicken? I said why not. Same quality udon, same great soup base and oh yeah! The chicken turned out as good if not better. I wish Singapore has a udon shop like this. Maybe someday I'll open one.

A couple of hours to observe the Japanese way of life. I saw a traffic police man going about his job.

I saw a beautiful flower shop.

Right at the entrance of a park.

Wherein lies a manicured Japanese garden.

I sat down at a local coffee joint to watch people and life goes by sipping a small cup of latte.

I like buildings. They have character. Not all nice modern buildings have character. Just like people, real characters always stand the test of time.

Buildings must have a soul of their own just like people.

The Japanese are serious dressers. They dress for the occasion. Many are quite trendy. I think they will also dress up when they go to the market. I think it is a good habit. This way you will always look good.

I saw some folks in kimono. There were several women that were really glamorous but I thought it may be rude to take their pictures as I passed by.

I do not know what this statue means. Is this the place to undress? In Singapore, we will put the statue and then an X to say no undressing. Just kidding.

I regretted having my haircut before I came. Otherwise, I would love to try the original QB House.

On my way back to the hotel, I have to go past this stretch of shops, most restaurants just below the rail track. It was the third time and at different time - day or night.


There is always a long queue outside waiting to get in. It must be something special. I must check this out when I have chance some day.

You could probably stay longer and eat at a different shop each time for some time.

I always travel light and do not like carrying too many bags. SO I just got a little foodstuffs home.

Came, saw and conquered. All my bags are packed I am ready to go. I am leaving on a jet place. 

(John Denver)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=19ToC8pQrCY&gl=SG

Isn't it lovely? I told you that the Japanese go through great length to make their food and the packaging. Just look at these mochi.

I had so many Japanese coins and I like their Suntory Premium beer which I was told is now the top selling beer in Tokyo. They are the guys who give you the Yamazaki.

Feeling tired and bored I decided to look at Tokyo Souvenir.

Lonely, tired and hungry. I got a myself a plat of yakisoba. It has been a long time.

I got another small one but was short of a little Yen in coins but the barman from Bar Rage counted them on the plate and said okay and I saw him drop one coin together with my payment. That was a special moment. He made my day. I look out for such special little things everyday, everywhere and from everyone. Surely this world can be a better place. Was it me thinking or the beer talking.

I got the Half Moon and the Tokyo Banana. It is a pity to tear open such pretty packaging . Don't come back without these, they are fabulous,

You feel cruel to eat such beautiful mochi with red bean.



















The red bean oozes when you take a bite.



















Oh yes, there strawberry cake is also a must have.





It is time to say goodbye. Sayonara.

(Sam Hui)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErGjJ-SjBQ4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese