Bring It On!

February is an important month as the Lunar New Year mostly falls on this month and it is Spring, a time for regrowth, renewal and where life gets ignited again. I was born in this month and in fact my Chinese birth date was smacked right during the Lunar New Year.


Therefore, I must lead by example and feel the power surging through to get going. I must try something different to feel alive. So I had two dressed rehearsals and in trying to snuffed out the candles I used a series of one inch punches made famous by Bruce Lee to douse the flame instead of blowing. I succeeded but my movements were to fast for the cameras so next time I must slow down for the camera. Some people tried using both palms to do so but they could not. Speed of punches are like your swing speed in golf. Now you know I'm mad. Are you 100% sane? Don't take yourself too seriously.





















Sometimes we may strangle one another or knock our heads but that is because we live and work together.













I want to emulate dad's trophies in his cabinet.











I want to believe in Santa Claus again.
















But Santa leads a double life as the Godfather. Marlon Brando featured in the Godfather then Al Pacino continued with Godfather II and III. Here you can see the Godfather XXXVIII!



















It is time to stop doing certain things.














Like being ugly.



















Accept things that life sometimes throw at you like this leaf that fell on a friend's seat and he threw it at me. I took a shot and thought it looked good.


















Do not disturb when I'm having tea. It means I'm making peace with myself. It's my space.












Macallan is a good drink and so too Glenfiddich which has a special after taste - like Bailey's. Single malt whisky is lovely.



















Everybody should play a bit more golf. Want to know a good golfer? Just look at his skin colour and the tummy. The rounder and bigger the tummy the better the golfer. The faces here were darkened to protect the innocent. If there are any resemblance in real life, it is purely coincidental.



















A month ago, I played the best golf score of my life. What I was pleased was the second half score of one over. I played too conservatively on the fifth and ended with a double-bogey. I could have done even par or one under on the day. See I told you people are greedy. But I am humble enough to know that this could be my first and last of such a performance. If I'm lucky I may get it in 5-10 years. Or is it a sign of better things to come? Just a vindication that my knowledge do come with application. At times.

It doesn't matter. The only reason I declared it was because the news was spreading and the wrong information was given. A few people congratulated me for playing one under. I did not, it was only the second half. Others who do not golf said "Hey, I heard you did 37!" Impossible not even for Tiger. Things will get harder because, if I were to miscue a shot now, there will be guffaws. Fortunately it is just golf. In the old days, if you were a swordsman, people will come challenge you to a death duel.















After ten years of golf, my trophy cabinet has dried up leaving me feeling like Arsenal. We both know we could be good but... even my 2nd Runners-Up trophy has gone missing. Tournaments too have dried up or may be I haven't been invited.


















Time to renew kinship. That's my favourite only nephew Leonard and my cousin Ivan. Ivan look exactly like his dad - my late uncle Eric. Eric brought me to the movies sometimes when I was a little boy and he made me my first pair of tailored long pants after PSLE and a pair of shoes when I was a teenager. He was a soccer fanatic who would sometimes even watch the Business League. We went to Malaysia Cup matches together for many years. He took care of me during National Service giving me a lift to and from duty on his reliable scooter. That was when I learned that riding during raining day can he a hassle. The harder the rain fell, the more painful when it hits you.


Once when I was pillion, a spare helmet came off and landed on the road. He stopped his scooter and I got off and ran back to retrieve it. When I reached the scooter, he rode off when I just touched the scooter and before I could get on and I was running behind chasing and shouting after him. It took awhile and a long distance before he realised it and came back for me. He told me he was talking and after some time he realised there was no response and nobody behind. More on my nephew next time perhaps.
















Time to catch up with childhood friends. Let the good times flow. When in good spirit and with good companions, time flies and the beer and the urine flows as well.

















Time to apply social lubricant with colleagues. These are the great people I work with.



















No more candle blowing for old people. I'll teach you how to punch out candle light if you enroll. Think out of the box even if it sounded cliched.
















Time to make some headlines! But not for the wrong reasons.














If not me, who? If not now, when? Bring it on!

There was a time I could execute diving headers, bicycle and scissors kicks acrobatically. Now maybe I can still do bicycle. I could still go up in the air but it is the landing part that is the problem. Might land up in hospital.

Rooney's Wonder Goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJ2Lo1njG8


I rate this goal highly. Sir Alex Ferguson said that he has seen many great goals in his 25 years at Old trafford but in terms of execution none can top this. I agree. Nani's cross was high and not easy to bring under control. In Euro 2004, Rooney terrorised all European defences and he was only 18. If he is not distracted and inspired by this goal he can reach his peak.
Bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese