Madam Kwan

Madam Kwan's is a famous and highly popular restaurant in KL (Kuala Lumpur). Named after its founder, it is known for nonya food, fried chicken, beef rendang, nasi lemak and a host of man others. When Singaporeans do not go to KL then bring KL to Singapore. This is very good as I heard that Singaporeans just love to eat at Madam's when they are in KL.

This was what happened when they opened their first restaurant outside of Malaysia at Vivo City, Singapore.

This is a very popular restaurant in KL. Some people swear by it. I can't compare anything as I have never been to this place even when I was in KL.

Besides the various dishes to go with rice, they have others like noodles, etc.

The Rendang is on the dry side. I like mine wetter with more gravy.

The sambal kangkong was not as spicy as some of our local version.

We did fish head curry too. Lots of tau pok.

The chicken was fabulous. I think of all the dishes ordered, this was my favourite. 

Calamari batter. 

There was no more space for chendol or any other stuffs. The prices are of course dearer as it is a restaurant at a popular shopping centre. The quality of food was good but the nasi lemak and the dishes are of a different palate from our Singapore version. 

It was quite crowded when we were there for Sunday lunch. Madam Kwan's is Malaysian cuisine at your door step. I may need another visit to sample and explore more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese