Ginza Kuroson

Lunch can sometimes be difficult depending on where you work and what are the kind of food available. Places can get over crowded, queues can be long and this becomes worse when it is raining or the weather too hot and humid.

Not only that, eating any kind of food also meant that one can get sluggish after lunch. A lousy feeling if I may say it. So a Japanese colleague brought a customer and me to this place. Along the journey they were speaking in Japanese and all I heard was @#$!&!@#Ginza !@#$%&!Kuroson. When I got there, I saw it "Ginza Kuroson". That's it!

The green tea here is served cold and fabulous. Really healthy. They placed jugs of cold green tea in trays of ice as you can see in the background. I was told that during dinner, these trays of ice would be where they display all the fish. You can then literally name them or see some of what you are going to eat.

Green and purple leafy are a great start with Japanese vinegar or sauce.

I ordered "Fisherman's Nagekomi-don". It is a bit like eating sushi except it came in a bowl of rice and slices of different types of fish were place on top with some fish roe. A small dish of seaweed that is chopped in tiny bits and mixed was also served. It was a little wet.

The slices of various types of fish were quite a good size cut as you can detect and salivate here.

These fish are not always served the same way with the same kind. It depends on what is in season or available. Therefore, the types of fish and the presentation could be different each time you visit. This is how they do it in Ginza Kuroson in Tokyo. It is extremely healthy and delicious. I found it be be fabulous.

The set came with pudding, coffee pudding.

For a $20 lunch of such good quality, I think it was really worth it.

You can choose from several different sets.


















This was where it all happened. Oishi!!














It is so good that I will certainly go back there without doubt. If I were a fisherman, am I a fisher of men? Well, at least I hope to inspire you for lunch. This was so fabulous that it was definitely my best lunch all month of September. The coming months could be relentless, fast and furious for after September, it would be October, November and December. All the "bers" and it would be curtains to 2013! Another One Bites The Dust. C'mon sing it Freddie!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese