What I Ate During CNY - Part I

I have been really very very busy but people are asking me to talk more about food. I have so much to share that I actually do not know where to start and since the Chinese Lunar New Year shall last for 14 days, I'll share on what I ate during this period beginning with new year's eve.

We have simple steamboat consisting half Chinese half Shabu-Shabu style and with Thai chili sauce as finishing. No Gangnam here. We threw in fish paste and 白 菜 for a start. We have individual ladle for everyone. In the old days, the steamboat were not electric and needed charcoal below the pot and the dining was communal. Everyone dips in so that we tasted each other saliva only the heat killed all the germs.

Home-made meat balls with water chestnut.

Thin sliced beef that one can dip in quickly and put into your mouth so that they felt like they could melt.

Similarly thin sliced pork so that it is so easy to cook and eat.

Large and fresh wild prawns...

So succulent, sweet and crunchy!

Threadfin was a fish I grew up with as mum believes that eating fish makes one intelligent and threadfin is one of the better fish. Mmm...maybe I am still okay up there.




We managed to get some really fresh liver. Been awhile since I had this.

I make quite awesome porridge at the end of each steamboat.



Throw in the rice, add some light sauce, if you still want more ingredients put them in. Add a couple of eggs and make it peppery.

Put the lid on and let it simmer for several minutes. Bingo, it is ready to serve. It will be one of the most delicious porridge you would have eaten. Don't believe me? Invite me for steamboat and I shall do the honour of cooking for you.


Don't forget to work on some abalone. 













Yummy! We are ready for the New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese