Japanese Buffet @ Himawari

I never really like buffet. I saw people filling their plates without consideration for others like they were just released during the 7th month and at this age, if I were only to have breakfast, I may not really need lunch. So the best way was to skip breakfast and over the long weekend and Sunday being a special day in the family, we decided to go for a Japanese buffet. I skipped breakfast not so that I could eat more but once I have it I may not need to eat.

So we hopped over to Himawari for a change and hope to be surprised.

They have an interesting counter.

We were led to a table for four.

And previewed their menu. The difference here is that other than the buffet, they price included a choice of either Shabu Shabu, Sukiyaki or Teppan-Yaki. As the music and song of Kyu Sakamoto's Sukiyaki filled my ears, I ordered Sukiyaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK9CXWKwAn8 (Kyu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86T1aA7_6M

This is the same sauce I use at home for Shabu Shabu but their mustard sauce has a strong hint of sesame, lovely! 

We wanted to know what goes on beneath the sea so we ordered a mixed sashimi.

The salmon was like leaping out of the water as hungry bears waited.

They are different from people. They look good from all angles.

I finally found a place with free flow of Gindera (cod). If you fry this at home the whole house will be smell of fish oil. It is good but I prefer it without coating. Naked that is.

Even the tuna sings.

As the Sukiyaki was getting ready, the namesake song by A Taste of Honey started.


The beef alone with the sashimi was worth the ticket price. I use this beef at home for shabu shabu too. 

This beef version was very well done really.

Soft shell crab.

Tempura and Japanese WaWa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErGjJ-SjBQ4 (Sam Hui)

Yummy vegetable tempura (above).

Give the prawn tempura a good soak.

More beef because they were really great. Just dip into the Sukiyaki or Shabu Shabu pot for awhile and put it in the mouth as your saliva drools in anticipation.

More Gindera and do not leave the skin behind.

An absolute must try is surely the salmon head.

On the cheek and below the jaw especially.

All anglers love to fight with their fish.

Oh mochi. Oishi. Green tea, Red Bean and Sesame.

Good price too!

The Four Find-Outers.

A Pomelo tree just outside the restaurant.



















Finally O$P$.















I was at Alexandra .















It was a good outing. Family time with good food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese