No Signboard

The very first time I had food from No Sign Board was at a food centre at McPherson at the Jackson Place. They had one of the best if not the best chili crab. Buying two huge crabs for take away would set you back by about $50 but they were really yummy and mind you, you have to wait for at least half an hour if lucky.

This place of course is no more. The business has become a popular chain of restaurants. I had the opportunity to try this one at Vivo City. No Signboard actually has a signboard.

The ribs were good. Coffee ribs.

We had some fresh vegetables with mushrooms and toufu.

Sweet and sour pork was pretty good too.

Oats prawn. Actually I just need the oats.

Steamed Garoupa is always good but these good stuffs like some fish, crabs, lobsters, etc. like to come with a "Seasonal Price" which can be quite frightening. I am not sure if I can tell my boss for some months of my work, I would like to charge a seasonal price. Like the fish, stormy weather harder to catch. Business and work are the same. I would probably end up like the fish - dead.

The crabs were excellent. Sweet, juicy and succulent. They are very good with their white pepper crab. Really good!

Though the crab is still very good for the chili crab, I do not personally like the version.

I did all the hard work first then I eat the crab meat. Just like playing golf - do all the hard work first, at the end collect $$.

Ambient of the restaurant is good. I read the success story of the owners in the newspapers that they lived in a 9,000 sq ft bungalow and owns a Rolls Royce or Bentley and then a Lamborghini or something like that.

I know that sometimes when some of us read such stories, we think "me too!" It can inspire us. At the same time, some of us will feel like complete failures. Like I have said many times, we actually do not know what kind of stress or sufferings others went through to come to where they are. Many started off without knowing they can be that successful too. Let it be an inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese