Korean Food

When Yaohan first came to Singapore we got excited. They have people shouting excitedly peddling their wares. Then we have Sogo,  Tokyu, we have 24-hour shopping at Yokoso. Japanese food, Japanese movies, cartoons, J-Pop were increasingly popular. Later the J-League was added. Then Japan went to the soccer World Cup. 

In recent years, there was a greater Korean presence. More Koreans are working here, migrated here, etc. I have a neighbour who is Korean. LG products are doing very well here so are the Samsung cell phones, tablets. Their cars, previously designed by the famous Giugiaro or Pininfarina and now as sleek on their own as you can see from the Hyundai to the Kia. K-pop is the no.1 Wow! factor here. The womenfolks are glued to Korean drama serials. Not me, I am just a cereal killer but some Korean movies that I have watched are really very good.  What about Korean food?

There are more opening up these days and I have tried some Korean Restaurants. The Korean food is good. So I went to check out this one at Novena, owned by a Korean lady.

The BBQ equipment is somewhat different.

I knew this place is very good when I tasted their little appetizers. There was quality and very nice tasting.

The "tang hoon" was delicious.

So were these pan cakes. The Kimchi version was the best I have ever had.

Going down to details, I must say the food and taste here is authentic. I have also not tasted Kimchi so good. Once you tried the kimchi here, I think you won't need to try others. Those they gave you at food courts are washouts.

The dried fish was crispy with light chili sauce.

The quality of its meat was excellent.

The waiter did the BBQ for us. You just wait then eat.

The servings were quite generous.

The aroma was irresistible.

More meat to satisfy.

You can choose chicken, pork or beef.

Well seasoned juicy pork.

Yummy!

Quite frankly, this was the best rice I have eaten. They added, red dates, sweet potatoes and pumpkins. It was simple and nice.

Here comes the spicy soup.

Even the water melon is specially cut and was really sweet.

This was the best Korean food I have ever tasted. 
Kamsahamnida.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese