Golf Driving Range @ Punggol

I have been to @ Punggol, Punggol Promenade quite early on. We did Patin fishing and also did fishing at Punggol end. It surprised me that while the memory is still so fresh in my mind it was quite a while ago. Time truly passed us by so quickly. I have not gone to the billiard saloon to look up my friend yet. I haven't taken a night walk there along the river but they have already brought so many changes and added on others. Take a look at a few previous articles.




Punggol is the new capital of Singapore. Things are shaping up. I have also been shaping up but fortunately I haven't taken up running there and I learned that some folks were chased and attacked by strayed dogs recently. Dog bites man is not news but man bites dog is news. In Indonesia, an owner came home after more than a week without feeding his dogs and he got eaten up by his own dogs. So please feed your family!

They have even started a golf driving range recently. It is just a little further up from the temple. It is very new, has ample parking and not too crowded but regretfully, parking is charged and not free. This place is being run by Poh Brothers. The concept is quite similar to Toa Payoh range.


There is a drive-in KFC there.

Everything here is still spanking new.


Retail shop is form World of Golf.


Residents living opposite will experience such convenience in improving their gold.


The entrance has an unique statue. Watch the stance and ask yourself, are you cocking your wrist?


If you are on a day off and have nothing to do, this is a cosy, nice and quiet place to practise. Just remember that golf is for people who do not get enough frustrations at work.



















I am not sure if I have the motivation to practise but this is the nearest driving range I can expect. Sometimes when it is so convenient you won't use it like folks who live in condominiums. You can have 2,000 people living there but the same 20 people use the swimming pool and the same 10 people use the gym. Once, I visited a friend who lived in the condominium for a few years and commented that he has got a nice gym and he said - "where's the gym?"



Maybe I should open a pub and call it "The Gym". When you are here and people call, tell them you are at the gym. After all, lifting heavy beer mugs is part of weight lifting and you can get some gym tonic.

Will this be on my wish list and new year resolution? Practise at the range? It could be and take my game to a whole new level, whatever it means.

Golf as in life, play as it lies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese