Thank You!

A big thank you to all friends and readers! Couple of the notebooks were down and having problems with writing and communication but I mustn't stop.















The Initiation

My children started blogging. Initially, they continued to egg me on to do the same but it took me awhile as I was somewhat flippant about it. I was thinking to myself that young people today are brilliant and fortunate to have avenues like these. When I got started it was pretty slow as I wrote few articles in between and even the readership based on counter for clicks showed little improvements. I sent them to a few friends to see how they responded. I have always wanted to keep in touch with friends but everyone is too busy and when they tell you that they will call back, they would forget to. They seldom do. 


Not that I make a poor friend, I am the best of the best out there but I understood every body's tight schedule and commitments. I reckoned that putting some thoughts in writing might be a good way to reach old friends and make new ones. It is also something that is non-intrusive. Besides, friends who have been in the loop in rounds of email exchange on any issues have been beckoning me to write more for my crazy or zany ways and insights, satire, wit, humour and occasionally rubbing the cat's fur the wrong way. In other words, they felt I should do more to benefit mankind, humour some and piss others. Every person or business out there need some help sometimes. Everybody needs "a Little Help From My Friends"



Content And Substance


As I prodded along, I realised quite quickly that I have no legs or cleavage to show so who on earth would want to read my blog? I don't use eye-liners or sell sex too. That's a double whammy. So I just let people into my world where what you see is what you get. Places and events in life, I tell them in my own perspective and try to relate with some pictures, videos or songs and music. It can bring us back together in time. I have very strong views for soccer and when I realised that lots of golfers out there are in need of help and having gone through the baptism of fire myself, it was inevitable for me to try to get smart. When I write golf, I throw in humour or anecdotes too at the beginning, in the middle or at the end so that those who are not keen on golf can read too if you skip through the technicalities. There are just so many things to write about to motivate, inspire, share stories and thoughts and find out how to overcome, to battle, to gain personal victories over life's obstacles and to provoke thoughts and stir a few beats in your heart. Later, I found that it is also a good way to keep in touch with friends. They told me when we met, some called or wrote to me giving encouragement saying they enjoyed a good read, found the articles interesting, informative, useful, funny, humorous or it simply help them to de-stress and some said they were touched and urged me to keep going. Well, these are appreciation and encouragement. If you are a blogger, someone who loves to share your thoughts or simply love to write, I say the same - keep going! Don't stop believing. Hear what Steve Perry of Journey has to say, what a voice. You need tight jeans to sing like that.


Sharing

Sharing one's thoughts openly can make one vulnerable. Some folks feels more comfortable in the presence of strangers so people who knew them well won't get to know them too intimately. Conversely, others will only share with close friends and never strangers. It doesn't mean I am perfect for example in golf or other things in life. No one is. All the fire drills we have will help us remember what to do in an emergency but when those real things come like raging fire or a tsunami we can panic. Like you have to flop a shot high over a pond and bunker with little green to work on, like in martial arts training versus real life where you have a few people charging at you at the same time with mean intent. Well, we have to pick up points and start rehearsing. Sharing to me is extremely beneficial and it cuts both ends. It's like sharing the night and the love together as Dr. Hook puts it. I love all Dr. Hook songs as Dennis Loccorriere has such a beautiful voice that is unpretentious and sincere.


As I write I have to exercise the brain a bit so that I can't advertise to sell it with a tag line "one careful owner, seldom use and in mint condition". I have to recollect from memory, what I have experienced, what others have learnt and I have to go through the processes where along the way I get to re-learn, re-educate and remind myself on each and every article I have written. Not only that, I have to go through a range of emotions. I think it makes me a better man. At least that's what Robbie Williams said.


I used to play a guitar and sing but I make the guitar weep. Sigh. So I chose writing.


Sometimes, as I write I weep when overwhelmed with emotion. Not sure if you read them you weep too. Meatloaf can show you the range of emotions.


Well I'm Ready For Love (Bad Co.), the amazing Paul Rodgers:


Walking down this rocky road, Wondering where my life is leading, rolling on to the bitter end. Finding out along the way, What it takes to keep love living, You should know, how it feels my friend.

Oo, I want you to stay. Oo, I want you today. I'm ready for love, oh baby I'm ready for love.

Now I'm on my feet again, Better things are bound to happen, All my dues surely must be paid. Many miles and many tears, Times were hard but now they're changing. You should know, That I'm not afraid.

Yup, better things are bound to happen. Good quality in terms of content and substance should be paramount, photographs perhaps, layouts, etc. can all be improved. The sharing of my articles have been spreading. My blog has been accessed at the last count by readers from: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, South Africa, Mauritius, USA, Canada, Brazil, Spain, Finland, Russia and Luxembourg. 25 countries so far - amazingly and growing. I am sure when you find something you like or you think is good, you will share it with friends. It has been an invigorating experience. It is about friendship and connecting people. A true artiste will play to an audience of one.

I like to thank all friends and readers for your support, encouragement and blessings. I love you! I hope to bring greater joy to all along the journey. God bless you!

Also wishing all Muslim friends and readers Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

Yours Truly,


Comments

Somzbody said…
Hey Geoff. Sorry to hear that your computers are down. Thank you for your sharing. I find your blog engaging, easy to read and relate to. Though I am not a golfing person, I have taken an interest in it from reading your blog. So when I grow up I want to do the same as you are doing - sharing your knowledge and your wisdom. Do have a good weekend ahead :-). BTW that's a nice cheerful picture of you
Somzbody said…
Geoff. Thank you for your sharing. I find your blog engaging, easy to read and relate to. Though I am not a golfing person, I have taken an interest in it from reading your blog. So when I grow up I want to do the same as you are doing - sharing your knowledge and your wisdom. Do have a good weekend ahead :-). BTW that's a nice cheerful picture of you

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese