Xin Long Xing

This is a surprising good find under the nose. It is double happiness when you find a place with good food and it is really close by. I was not led there by smell but by a couple of signs. It is at 7 Hoe Chiang Road, just across from Keppel Towers.



I have never had a chance for breakfast here though. The first time visit happened to be just for cuppa, an usual kopi O.



Then the lunch crowd gathered and I was busy looking around everywhere watching what everyone was eating. As you can see from the menu, it is quite varied and everything I saw kind of look good. I also saw happy faces and they busily tucked in.

One day I have the chance for a quick lunch and so I remembered the place. A simple home made barley drink.

For a quickie, chicken rice cannot go wrong.

The chicken rice here is good. Tender chicken with fragrant rice but they should not have dumped the achar with the chicken. Why don't they just put it into the rice plate?

On another occasion, I decided to have early dinner before I returned home. So why not la la bee hoon?

It turned out to be a really great choice! This bee hoon is really well done. Quite a fair bit of vegetables with fresh and juicy la la. The gravy is seriously tasty and addictive as the wine and aroma of the entire concoction begs more regular tasting. I think I should return there as soon as next week.

You can also have your la la in another way.

A surprisingly good find really.

My heart goes sha la, la, la, la. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUj0ajtC5Ck (Venga Boys, Shalala lala)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese