Knuckles

There is a new restaurant at Kovan simply called "Knuckles" next to the Nakhon Kitchen. We were early and came exactly at opening time but found it still closed. So we saw a couple of people outside whom we thought could be their staff and enquired. It was our good fortune that they immediately retrieved the shutters.

I saw that this place is probably owned by the same man who owns Nakhon Kitchen. 

If you ever come around here, make sure you order this mushroom salad. I thought I tasted hints of olive and cider vinegar. It was awesome.

Truffle Fries is another absolute must have. So delicious but as in all fries also a deadly diet. Have it once in awhile and not feel bad. Actually truffle fries have been quite the rage in recent times. 

German sausages are always good. 

Of course, these are what the restaurant is all about - knuckles, pork knuckles. I really like this concept as in most other restaurants, you order a pork knuckle and you can eat till ... um ... the pigs come home. I mean, they are usually huge and has to be shared all round and you need a few others with you who all wish to eat the same thing. Here, it is served as a single order for one person like walking into an ice-cream parlour and ordering a scoop instead of a tub of ice-cream. This way I can have it any time I want. 

If you prefer spaghetti, they have it too. Its' quite good. 

The chicken wings are served piping hot and crispy but other than that, I would not say it is the best in town.

Quality certificates adorn the walls to let you know the quality of the food.

The portions are not big and the prices are reasonable. I would like to be back to Knuckles again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese