Canton Paradise

The first time I went to Defu Lane I was pleasantly surprised with the quality seafood at Seafood Paradise. Then it got more and more crowded so I turned up less. It has been years since and they have expanded so rapidly into not just a chain of restaurants but restaurants of different categories from casual to fine dining.

So life is about people, places, events and food? Probably so but not necessary in that order. This time my opportunity was to dine at Canton Paradise at ARC. ARC is the Alexandra Retail Centre, a place that is so familiar to me as I used to work at the PSA Building for some years.

Serious looking utensils stared at me which made me nervous as each time I have good food will I over indulge?

There are always a range of Chinese tea to select from but my favourite is the "Kok Poh" which is fragrant. It is a mixture of chrysanthemum and poh lei. 

The roast meat came. Roast pork, duck and char siew.

You animal lovers out there will find these finger licking good. Especially good and special must be the char siew. 

Every single slice of it came with fats. That is the correct way to eat char siew. You can't have these everyday so when you are going to have it, have it real good. No mercy.

It was so good that I shot it twice and we ordered another plate.

There was enough food for everyone but I featured only some here. I read recently that there are plenty of food wastage in Singapore. I think we should all order less and add on if more are needed later.

Drunken prawns are good but I am not sure about drunken people. The soup was a glorious mix of herb and Chinese wine.

This is a unique fried rice. Never tasted anything like it.

This must be the best yee fu noodle I have tasted. Outstanding!

Deep fried Soon Hock in special sauce is a great dish. You wouldn't get tired of it. 

I didn't want dessert but was given some sago with mango. I had to oblige.

Canton Paradise serve Hong Kong's favourites. The meal was hearty and very satisfying, typical of Hong Kong and Cantonese food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese