Daruma Ramen

Many of you love ramen. Some told me that ramen is Japanese so only Japanese ones are good. I have some 1-for-1 promotional vouchers and handed some to friends. After awhile, we headed down 111 Somerset to check things out.

I used to know this place well as it was the former PUB Building and next door there used to be a small coffee shop where the popular Goreng Pisang (banana fritters) was. When I was in school, my good friend's dad has a stall at the canteen selling mixed vegetable and curry rice. Now, things are totally different. Coming up from the escalator I saw this.

They have sitting areas on both sides.

Welcome to "Daruma" Ramen House. One of Hong Kong's Top 5 Ramen Restaurants. Those who received the 1-for-1 voucher from me but did not try it will regret only.

Staffs were cheerful and happy when they saw us coming giving you a welcoming feel. That is a good start.

We got seated comfortably and began to think through what to order. More ingredients or standard? Original stock or spicy? 

The most popular ramen here is item R8 - It comes with 3 slices of Japanese pork belly and a slice of BBQ pork.

Of course the usual seaweed and the egg with soft yolk. I should have ordered the one with original stock soup. It is very tasty.

But instead opted for the spicy one which is also very good. They actually added roe as you can see those pinky stuff from here.  

This one I had was the spicy R6 which has identical ingredients with the R8. 3 slices of Japanese pork belly and a slice of BBQ pork.  

You can add on with more eggs if you like. These are very good. I love eggs done this way. 

Garlic lovers' delight so vampires watch out! Just add to the soup.

Noodle quality is good and when served, it is crunchy to the bite. 

I like the pork belly. Worth eating all the time.

Slurp up all the delicious soup. Potent with more garlic.

Can you see that "Thumbs-Up!" in red saying No.1?

And the spicy version.

Prices of top ups are available for your selection.


Just like a happy and satisfied cat after a good meal.

If you still have the vouchers, go try it. Otherwise, you can still get it by checking on facebook. I really think you do not want to miss this very good ramen. Oishi!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese