Staff Dinner At Shin Minori

I revisited Shin Minori this time with colleagues for a staff dinner. Some of them could not make it so we gathered around 18 of us and make our way there. The first thing to note is that when I mentioned UE Square which is where the restaurant is located, some folks may mistake it for United Square. So take good note of that before you get down and dirty.


They say Singaporeans have only one past time and that is food. I can totally agree with that because more and more people are telling me to write more frequently about food especially the interesting and not so common type or places to find them. The truth is that most if not all people simply love to eat hence the maxim "Live To Eat" holds true regardless of race, language, religion or nationailty. Here you see us peeps waiting with abated breath for the food to be served.



























Well, here you can see for yourself some of the sumptious servings! The boss gave us complimentary grilled fish heads which were delicious.



























I didn't have the opportunity to sample more food the last time due to limited capacity of the human body. So this time I tried the grilled saba which were very well done. Kudos to that!




























And garlic fried rice is always a healthy choice and tasty. We tried this because we have more people around to have a wider selection including some rice which can be too filling. It does not feel nice when you are overloaded with food in the tummy so it is good enough when you are sufficiently filled up. I mean a person without feeling is like a "man tou" because a man tou has no filling.


























I asked all staffs for their feedback on the food - taste-wise, quality, variety and they were all suitably pleased. The most discerning one must be the one from a Japanese manager because he understood authenticity of Japanese food and he said good -Oishi!! One told me that a dish they ordered did not turned up but if we look at the quantity of 18 adults at war on the battle front and the amount of food ordered, I think it is okay. However, as there were many who were there the first time, they didn't really quite understand or read through the order forms. So having a waiter to explain if they were there the first time and going through briefly the process on the orders might be helpful especially for a big group.

I share with you views from two very discerning diners among some I have received:

Mr H: Looks like I have to pay this place a visit. In fact, I am going to bring the whole family. WHat's good enough for Geoff is good enough for me.

Mr L: I decided to check your recommendation. Ala carte buffet service I can accept but told my family not to expect too much. The variety surprised me but the quality is expected. The sashimi portion is generous but this is what Singaporeans like. At $33 per person, it is definitely great value for money!!! They do not carry my favourite Kubota which is understandable so the manager recommended a $72 bottle of sake which was good. Drinking alone, I polished off 2/3 of the bottle and kept the balance which means I am coming back but in case you are there before me, you canhelp yourself to it. Enjoy!!!

(Mr. L is a very discerning diner with demanding taste bud).
Please sse my previous write up:


http://gforce-guru.blogspot.com/2011/02/japanese-buffet.html

Here you can see Angeline Wong who humbly called herself the chief waitress.


























Oishi!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese