G7 Sin Ma Live Seafood

Still on hor fun. It is a very important food in Singapore as every tze char stall in every nook and cranny of the little red dot has some but great hor fun (which must have wok hei) like great men are hard to find. 

Few people knew it but there used to be a great hor fun at Boon Tong Kee at Balestier Road. The hor fun is not dark and it came wiht fresh prawns with liver and pork with a superb gravy. The wok hei lingers in your mouth and under the tongue fulfilling your heart's contentment. It was well worth it even for $12. However, I have not been there for quite some time since I went there for the hor fun but somehow they did not tasted the same so I have stopped going.

I did not have so much time to travel around and worse if I have to queue for food so I finally decided to go to G7 Sin Ma Live Seafood for something different and of course for hor fun. G7 as you know made out of the Group of 7 world powers. They should have a meeting here and we treat them to a hor lot of fun!

These beans sounds like very ''chi cake'' in Chinese but they are a great vegetable to me. The other type of French beans is fantastic when simply stir fried.

When it came, I had just one look and knew it had to be very good.

Served in Opeh leaf made into a boat. Opeh leaves keep food warmer for longer, traps and retains its flavour. Exactly how it was done in days gone by. No styrofoam or plastic waste!

This hor fun is so good I have to show it three times.

No, make that four. The Opeh leaf besides its great qualities is somewhat nostalgic. 

I had good hor fun at Jumbo and even at the Orchid Country Club driving range tze char operated by Peach Garden but this is better. It was deja vu and perhaps the chef previously from BTK Balestier is here. The ingredients are fresh with a superb gravy and the breath of the wok sizzles in the tongue! Hor Funlicious!

Bamboo clams are always lovely with garlic and some tang hoon simmered in it.
















The last time I had these were so long ago because the family members do not eat it. Maybe they felt it was kind of cruel to eat a cute frog and wonder how it tastes like. Worse, maybe they imgine that as they serve the food, they may see frogs wheeled out from the kitchen in wheel chairs.

I was told that frog legs are nutritious, has no fat and no cholesterol. It has almost no fat, high in proten, low in calories, provides omega-3, potassium and vitamin A. I call this a nutritional powerhouse! There are a hosts of other properties and benefit for helath. You can google it.

We had it 'kung po' and lap it up with porridge which is a great way to combine. I must say it is really good. Perhaps I should have a bit more of it some of the times for its health benefits.

Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner as it was something totally different from most of what we eat everyday. It felt really good! I should visit now and then especially for the hor fun. 

Watch this space. I may share about another hor fun where money cannot buy in the near future...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese