Element - Buffet @ Amara

It's elementary my dear Watson. Eat to live or live to eat. Singapore is food paradise par excellence. For sheer variety alone we could be world champions. Despite this wonder, availability and convenience have you ever felt like there is nothing to eat? Before you come to a place, you already knew what to expect. Some folks can be found walking a few rounds not knowing what to eat at a food centre. 

Some folks simply loves to go for a buffet lunch or dinner as you just pay for a single price and you eat all you want in both variety and quantity but at buffets we will tend to overeat. For some people they may want to get their money's worth so they could eat till they get injured. I mean if  you were to just eat a bit of everything and that could already feed you till tomorrow's lunch. As for me, I would like to avoid buffets. 

One day, I was having a little celebration on a special occasion and was scheduled to visit a restaurant at Raffles City that offered French fare but I met some friends at the Amara who suggested that I should just have a buffet at the Element restaurant. Some of them may have tried it in recent times and said it was good. It was so near and yet so far for me but for laziness' sake I said: "Why not?" 

I was not aiming to eat a lot since I have had a few beers. The Italian beer offered on tap here - "Peroni" is first class. The pix I showed here is a bottled version I had before.




I love sashimi but not all buffets gives great sashimi. I feel the sashimi here needed some improvement but I like the restaurant concept here which is unique, modern-fusion and all -embracing. 


But was prepared to go for the jugular for those food that I have not had for a long time. Food that can be too potent for our own good. So I granted myself the freedom to partake freely. I took liberties with the crayfish.

This was my favourite hunting ground. Snow crabs, lobsters, crayfish and oysters.

They say the world is an oyster. The meaning of this is that you can achieve anything you wish in life or go anywhere because you have the opportunity or ability to do so. This is how the world look like...

Take a look at my world, a world from another angle. It was fabulous. I must have had quite a fair bit of them to my heart's content. 

I repeated my actions for the crab, lobster and crayfish too.

I didn't spare them lobster pincers.

This young man enjoyed himself thoroughly as he examined the food chain obviously glad that we humans are at the top of food chain. 

Of course there were much more variety than I have featured here. Usually, in such situation I love to end my meal with a good small bowl of noodle, in this case the ramen.


Then desserts like fruits and cakes. I was disappointed that by the time I got here, there was not enough macaron left so I did not have a chance to sample them. I did ask but there were no more to be had.


















Or chocolate marshmallow. It was an absolutely hearty value-for-money dinner. If you need a good and filling meal come to the Amara - Element. Focus on the quality not quantity.

Here you find me with Mr. S. Girish who bosses the F and B at the Amara. Girish was a winner of the SHA (Singapore Hotel Association) Super Star Award, given obviously for his super star service.


















I will be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese