I Love Singapore

Colombia and Swaziland visited. You are the 51st and 52nd countries. Welcome!

You know how much I hated to wake up at 5am? Except for watching the World Cup soccer and on some exceptional occasions would I do such a silly thing. On this exceptional occasion I had to do it because the family wanted to. 13 November is World Kindness Day. Not only that, churches big and small organised the "I Love Singapore Walk" which is a walk for charity that would benefit many charities here. Well, I love Singapore and I am learning how to walk again the last time being a toddler. You see, as you grow older, you go back to your younger days like retro music and retro fashion. You could even go back to a liquid diet for some folks who love your beer. The Guru's arrival greeted by his fans (wishful thinking).














Sometimes I wish I were more famous so that I could help draw a bigger crowd.















The sign said it all.















Folks arriving in droves.














Awaiting the VIPs.






























Stretching and warming up.















City Skyline from The Padang.














The Countdown for the flag off.















The starting line...















City Hall from a soft angle.































Fullerton from the river. Mmmm....we do have very grand post offices.















Real children used to play around the river.














The morning glow cast a shiny light and made the buildings pretty.














Skyscrapers up close.














The first steps of our early immigrants.














You can't imagine how people reacted when you give them a beautiful daisy for kindness and they could pass it around. Can it be replicated everyday? You should have seen the smile on their faces of lonely cleaners, foreigners, passers-by or anyone. Who would reject kindness?














I like these stilts or what you might call it. Could help to run faster when jogging with less effort.





























Botero's Bird. This was shot from the rear so it's a bird's hind view.














I could never imagine a back lane can be this nice. When "The Light" shines, even a dark alley becomes beautiful.















Let "Kindness" Bloom.















Are there other car parks where they stack your car for you?















Garden in the building.















The old and the new. Both are beautiful and co-existing. Which do you like?















Sometimes when people drink too much they do the Merlion.















This is simply majestic!















It even looked cool under the bridges.















Look at these angles. I marvel.














Intricate web even from old day engineers.














I like this pix. I saw one like that when very young on a toy reel on scenery.














This was the best part. Honest to goodness. Where are the beer sponsors?














Awesome. Many a National Day march past.















Grandeur.















Intricate designs on these columns of pillars.















Once a long time ago, a child fell into the river. There were many on lookers but nobody went to help. Suddenly, an old man jumped in, fully clothed. He swam and rescued the child to applause all around. He came out the steps exhausted. When he caught his breath and the applause has died down, he said: "Who, who is the bastard who push me down?"















I love Singapore! Do you? I read about a youth who said he doesn't know what he is defending Singapore for anymore. Patriotism has got nothing to do with politics or what the government can do for me and what advantages I have. In fact, I have been affected adversely by policies. As long as the country is doing the right things I have no qualms. Because I was born and belong here, I will defend our country with all my heart, soul and spirit and when my blood has to be spilled, it shall be with honour and it will comes in the shape of the crescent moon and five stars. It will be to defend our families, values and our way of life.

Like Forrest Gump, I shall walk more. Like Johnny Walker, since 1961 and still going strong. Patriotism has no price. You should have it even if we were in a poor country. Look at it as your family. Do you say you do not know why you should defend your family just because we are sometimes disillusioned? I do not blame this youth. My generation and brotherhood would. Let's walk the talk. The truth is that if I didn't walk I would not have discovered these magnificent views.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese