Hampstead Garden

The last time I shared with you was when I visited the Summer House. In the vicinity, there are many new and old places and some not too old and not so new. In my book, not everything new is nice and good. It could be just newer and more modern or given a fresh coat of paint. Perhaps even a new name. Some people even moved away from their past and change their own names. Not everything that glitters is gold as they say.

https://gforce-guru.blogspot.com/2018/11/summer-house.html (previous post on the Summer House)

Way before the Summer House was the Wheeler's Estate.

It is about hanging out and hanging loose.
















Seletar has never failed to transport you to a new place. You do not really know that you are in Singapore. I have some wonderful years here because of the Golf Clubs. There is also a quaint little zoo nearby in case you are not aware. I shared tow years ago (see below link).

https://gforce-guru.blogspot.com/2015/10/animal-resort.html

It is like being dead. You do not know that you are dead, only the people around you will suffer which is the same as stupid. Haha. There is also a Teochew Restaurant there which I haven't tried.



My challenge is for you to find this place as there aren't many like this around no more. A beautiful, scenic and serene spot. Pure tranquillity for the soul.

When I was a little boy, I would search for such location to wander and be in the thick of nature where the ecosystem is all self sustaining. Total peace for you to explore, discover, soak in and get inspiration. You could sit down and paint it. In the midst of nature, my antenna senses everything. 

When you could find it let me know. Then I will tell you to meet me "where the trees touch the water" and you shall know this is the place - the Hampstead Garden, somewhere only we know. "I walked across an empty land, I knew the pathway like the back of my hand. I felt the earth beneath my feet, sat by the river and it made me complete".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oextk-If8HQ (Keane)

Silhouette and reflection of the sky and trees mirrors the world we see around us. "Oh, simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on. So tell me when you're gonna let me in, I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin".

Can we have nature untouched rather than the many man-made landscapes? "I came across a fallen tree, I felt the branches of it looking at me. Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?"

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go ... talk about it somewhere only we know?"

We need to talk.

If we have not spoken for awhile, we must. Time and tide waits for no man. The processes of nature continues. No matter how much we like them to stop. 
Meet me where the trees touch the water.

After the musing, I drove past what is one of the oldest and most unique coffee shop where workers gathered to break for food or rest. Bye bye. See you again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese