Adidas Golf Shoes - Crossknit 2.0 Boost

I grew up playing many different sports and represented school and also in class games in sports I was not even really interested in. They needed people so I went to help even in volleyball, basketball, table-tennis and hockey. For the latter, I even won a medal. Haha. My all-time favourite is soccer. There is so much to do with soccer and one could express oneself in so many ways. I love badminton too. It is just the most elegant sport. Squash too is frenetic, fast and furious. Bowling is just so graceful and then we have golf. Looks so simple and seems so easy. Just stand there and hit the ball right? Do not be fooled.

During my youth, most of us do not have the luxury of wearing proper sports shoes. We just made do with whatever is available. You are lucky enough if you own a pair of Bata's Badminton Master where you actually wore as school shoes and then play badminton with it. In secondary school if you sport a pair of "Panther" you thought you look suave. Panther looked like the current day Onitsuka Tiger. We played soccer barefooted or with any shoes but when I finally managed to owned a pair much later I was so pleased and my favourite was Puma because I feel Puma's toe section was very good for my shot shaping, chipping, etc. Partly it was because our national star Mohamed Noh wore them and I wanted to play like him. Adidas Inter was a very popular model too. Others were Mitre, Admiral and Umbro. 

Then it came to golf. I would buy and use run of the mill types on sale and they were not too bad but as your grew older, you may have pains here and there even if you did nothing  but when golfing you expect some pains here and there as you exert yourself. It takes you longer to recover and you need all the comfort you could find to prevent injuries to your soles, heels, ankles or even knees. I have also gravitated towards spikeless golf shoes. The oldest now is a pair of Footjoy, seasoned and comfortable. I thought I needed a better pair and got a pair of Ecco. So at the end of 2018 I got myself a new pair of ''Adidas Crossknit 2.0 Boost'' which are not only spikeless but also laceless. Spikeless and laceless - is this the height of laziness? Nope. I called it supreme convenience, versatility and ultimate comfort. I shall elaborate on the latter.

I used to sport Adidas and golf on walking courses but found them to be too narrow and I have pain and discomfort so I switched all my running shoes to and found only Reebok and New Balance gave me relief. Running shoes these days are very comfortable and with very good soles like these:

But these Adidas golf shoes are light but not flimsy. There is sufficient weight and you could feel it but effortless to move around. They are stable and have good support all round. It is not the same narrow type.

Boost, endless energy it says here. Well, the interior sole is like a soft cushion to let your feet ease gently onto it. The material is unlike anything you find on other types of shoes. It simply feels like a cloth wrapping around your feet. The upper portion that wraps around your lower ankle are knitted, woven like socks and there are no tongue or other layers. As a result, they offer flexibility and comfort on the go with solid support. Its like they are moulded to your foot's shape. Those of you with itchy feet these are a God sent. Simply unstrap, pull out your foot, scratch till you shiok and slip it back on and strap. Bingo! 

The outer soles are firm without being hard. 

The many small studs are strategically placed for traction and grip and I feel they are good enough without spikes.

The centre pocket as seen here is called "Torsion System'' which I take it to mean to prevent twisting from one end to the other. 

The soles look like styrofoam but are really like shock absorbers taking away all impurities of whatever you may walk on. 

The styling is too unique not to be noticed. I found it to be really cool. 


The design of the motif on the material are actually names. Haha. Names of people who paid me $$ when we compete at golf. Those who paid more appears on the front portion. Its like an Excel spreadsheet where when the numbers got huge it became garbled and you have to broaden the cell to see the full numbers. This is the same. Don't believe? Just take a shot with your cell phone and use your finger and thumb to enlarge it on your screen and you will see it. Haha.

This year there is no budget for new golf equipment so you upgrade other stuffs like this pair of golf shoes as they cost less. Now that you have new things what do you do with the other two pairs which are still good and previously also considered comfortable? Give away, throw them or just leave aside. Declutter? What do you do with yours? Keep and use them every now and then? We must be loyal to those who are loyal and serve us well. Since there is no budget but I still need some power, so I got a pair of new gloves "Power Hit" that Spiderman himself will use. 


With these shoes, I shall walk on. Walk into the new year. Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain. Though your dreams are tossed and blown. Walk on. Walk on. With hope in your heart. And You'll Never Walk Alone! YNWA!

Golf as in life, play as it lies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese