Penang17 - Part 2

Continued.....


In the daily hustle and bustle of life, many of us easily forget that plus or minus a bit, it is another day in paradise. 

As you could see, I was here to iron out the wrinkles in life. As the song lyric goes - "You can tell from the lines on his face, you can see that he's been there. Probably been moved on from every place..." What is the name of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2mbGP6vFI (Another Day IN Paradise - Phil Collins)

Most of  us have the comfy of home but could you find the time to do nothing. Somehow, I was a little jaded and rested by watching Ip Man.

A kind friend brought me delights of Penang. Very delicious indeed. Why can't they have healthy char kway teow? 

The morning in Penang reminded me of my childhood days and up to the days of my youth. 

This is one of the joys of Penang. Original and laid back. The way it should be.

Kway Teow soup from the era of my childhood days.

The stuffs that we called ngoh hiang but they called lor bak are everywhere.

And of course Penang Char Kway Teow.

Such roadside stalls are reminiscent of the good old days.

An old lady whipped out dark sauced carrot cake.

Their version comes with tow gay (bean sprouts).

A simple chee cheong fun that have added heh ko.

In between doing nothing, we went shopping. I found the Padini Concept Store. I have a certain affinity for Padini. They were garments manufacturer in the 70s and then went into retail with Padini in the later part of the 70s. As a poor young man in the 80s, Padini was favourite as I bought some working clothes form them regularly as they were reasonably priced an offers quality that is value for money and have some stylish designs an cuts. Later, they seemed to have disappeared from the Singapore local scene. Perhaps Singapore's retail scene has evolved too much. I found some interesting stuffs at Padini and bought some. I am always loyal and grateful especially to those who have in some ways played a meaningful role in my life no matter how small and I will cast them name in stone. I never forget. For the negative and bad ass people, I write their names in the sand. The passage of time and nature shall erode them surely as sure as the sea rush to shore. 

When travelling, you are hungry most of the time.

We shared a tom yum noodle.

But this is really a porridge shop. All things porridge. It is the first time I am having porridge in Penang. A soupy type of porridge. I selected minced pork with liver. Haven't had liver for the longest time.

Let me tell you something. This is the best porridge in Penang even though I have never tried any other Penang porridge. Its the best porridge I had anywhere. It is a must try when you are here. Too satisfying. 

You could choose seafood if you want. 

Even the locals swarmed here.

Staring at clouds can be therapeutic.

Combine it with a happy juice like beer makes one forget for awhile the burdens of life.

...while you await the setting sun.

We were treated for dinner.

At the Blue Diamond Restaurant.

Penang Tze Char style.

It felt like Hainanese style to me. 

The hospitality of Penangites.

Everywhere I go, I find very hospitable people in Asia. Penang is one of the places.

I am finding that time is travelling at the speed of light. If one travels at the speed of light, the time rate will at this speed completely stop so the experience of the traveller is that one can travel to any future instantly. Years may just pass for us but when one travels at the speed of light, it will just be in an instant. imagine that for a moment. But I ain't no Einstein. What I know is that we are now at the end of April. What have we left behind?

To Be Continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese