Eat, Sleep, Repeat @ Bangkok17 - Part 2

One of the reasons why I like Novotel Siam Square is its convenience. Just hop across a small street and you can have excellent Thai food at Ban Khun Mae. I find their tom yum to have a very good blend and my style of preference is the clear soup.

So too their popular steamed sea bass.

You are not going to find pandan chicken at every thai eatery but they have a good one here.

Very well grilled and tasty.

The thai has a unique way of stir-frying their vegetables. 

It was a hot day. Let us have some iced red ruby.

There are certain shoe shops and tee-shirt shops I like at MBK.

My favourite tee shirt shop is Tee Design Store with their Premium Supersoft Tees. Very comfortable and of course affordable. Their designs can be understated but yet profound. 

I could not agree more with this statement:

And I really wish that you were here...with me.

To join me to eat, sleep and repeat. The beach part is to be arranged again.

The short cut to MBK across a small building was no more. 

We decided for a simple dinner at MK.

We were famished. 

Needed some energy to go for more walks.

Steamboat is actually a good business. You do not need a chef.

But I have always thought the roast duck and meat at MK is quite good.

Later in the night, I must bring all to "After You''.

Desserts to die for. This is a Thai tea ice kacang. 

My fave is the signature ''Shibuya Honey Toast''. Super yummy.

I woke up and realised I had blue eyes. Perhaps the positive effects of going on a holiday.

Christmas was coming.

We must be in a good mood.

I need to distress. I never had a soft toy. Not that I could remember.

More sugar rush and the very likable thai milk tea.

Inter, as always so popular. 

Everything here is good and very affordable.

We need to load up and go.

Everyone was happy with their shopping as we planned a nice dinner. The ''Laem Charoen Seafood". We chose the one at Siam Paragon.

Thai service is impeccable. Only in Thailand especially Bangkok, they dug out all the crab meat for you. Just eat.

Are  you not thinking of being here with me?

We had another shot at the crab meat fried rice which is good.

I do not know why but I call this Christian otah. Its all about the Cross.

This is a lovely seafood sauce. I clamoured for it and went to find it at the supermarket and wanted to buy it but decided not too unless you use it frequently.

Thai fish cake is more common.

This is not. Such king prawns are expensive. The gooey stuff are deadly. 

They are huge. 

At Leam Charoen, this is a must try! It takes 40 minutes to an hour to grill  the sea bass to perfection. They will stripped open the skin and leave you with a very tender and moist fish. 

You could see that they have actually stuffed lemon grass into the fish's tummy. 

You can dip it into the green sauce. Or better still dip  into this special sauce. This sauce is good but tasted different from one at Baan Klang Nam (by the river).

Are holidays more stressful? Yet is is a necessary break? Where are we going and what to eat tomorrow? 

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese