Eggs Benedict @ Whisk And Paddle

In my usual weekend sojourn, the Punggol Promenade is one of my more regular ''go to" places. I would cycle or run there and walk home or drive there and run from there towards Punggol Settlement to soak in the sun and the serenity. 

It is not just staying alive but feeling alive.

Sometimes, I would just go across to Lorong Halus.

Singaporeans are very obedient people but yet we lack common sense and we need courtesy campaigns, anti-littering campaigns and signs to guide or instruct us such as this.


Despite a second reminder... no one appeared to be bothered.

No one appeared to be bothered.


This may be the reason why. Wonder if they do the same if it is their home or when they own this bridge?



















The world out there can be cold, cruel and ugly but we must resist the temptation to paint all with a broad brush. It is not without beauty. I, for one, have been on a life long journey searching for the Unicorn, the symbol of purity and grace and Utopia, a community or society possessing highly desirable or near perfect qualities. I am always in search of people who are warm, sincere, considerate, and real. 

Ideals suggest that we should breed specimens by natural processes from the parent stock. In other words - to propagate, to spread and promote widely. Maybe there is not such things as a Unicorn or a Utopia after all. Well, dreamers are always great.  



When nervous energy are burnt off physically and mentally, you go in search to replenish your own energy. I walked past this place umpteen times and found something I like but resisted - Eggs Benedict.

It is an American brunch or breakfast dish that consists of two poached eggs with hollandaise sauce. There have been many variations on the basic recipe. The last times I had them was at a restaurant at Bishan Park and then at Paul at Ngee Ann City near Takashimaya. 


It went well with some ice coffee.

Here they served it with waffle. I wanted it with mushrooms.

There are three different versions on the origin of Eggs Benedict. In an interview with The New Yorker magazine in 1942, Lemuel Bendict , a retired Wall Street stock broker said that he wandered into Waldorf Hotel in 1894 and looking for a cure for his morning hangover ordered butter toast, poached eggs, crisp bacon and a hooker of hollandaise. Well, it certainly has nothing to do with the Benedictine monks. 


As for me, it does not matter. Eggs Benedict are just so awesome! I just wish that all hotels all around the world serve it so that I could have my fix on travels. Sure to make my day.

There are two sections here - with or without air-condition.

Located just across from Frienzie. 

If you wish to buy me breakfast on a Saturday, this would be ideal.

Whisk & Paddle.

Of course there are other stuffs in the menu but I was only there for the Eggs Benedict. Yummy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese