Eat, Sleep, Repeat @ Bangkok17

There are folks who have to fly home even if they are in the same country. Then there are those who need take take a bus or drive for hours for the same need. Blessed are those who can hope onto a taxi and get to the airport in less than half an hour and in two hours or less are in another country and some of us just need to get away even for a short while before we go bonkers. Since I have done my favourite beach things, this time back to my favourite city to "Eat, Sleep, Repeat". Ok, plus shop a bit.

You can go to the same places but you can do it differently on a different itinerary depending on your needs and timing.

The mango with glutinous rice at Mango Tango really tango. Generally, such Thai desserts back home are not the same even from the best restaurants. The tiny bits of green beans make a nice difference.

Well, nice to meet you again!

I shot this especially for friends and fans of big prawns and big cockles. The first time I had anything to do with cockle shells was for art and craft in primary school where I turned them into a peacock. The biggest shell became the tail of the peacock. 

I am always happy to see people getting married. It is like a fairy tale but you have to work on it such that the closing paragraph is "...and they lived happily ever after."

In recent years, on most of my trips, dinners were taken care of by our Thai friends. Transportation were ready, just get there and eat. We don't even get to see the menu and would not know the names of the food we have had. Just like the difference of a salaried man and an entrepreneur. A domesticated animal or an animal in the zoo versus a wild one in the jungle. Now I have to lead and find my way to the fabulous places and order the food based on my memory.

Well, the Andaman was first on the list. There is no larger version of a maguro sashimi I know.

Ditto the sake (salmon). It is hard to be dainty.

Of course the classic melon with parma ham.

The Andaman is a place where they have something for everyone since it has a fusion of Italian, French, Japanese and Thai.

We have delightful foie gras sushi coated with sesame. 

Seared tuna is simply fabulous to go with your salad. I have a very good one at Phnom Penh if I remembered correctly at a pub/restaurant called Metro where they were coated with black sesame.
















King prawn, Andaman styled.

Younger folks will like the western style pork ribs in BBQ sauce. It is nicely done here.

For the first time here, we tried their seared codfish.

A pizza was added.

So was this - to compliment and complete our wonderful meal. Degustation you may call it.

Before we came, I made a booking just to be sure of seats available. Being a weekend Saturday, I had trouble getting a vehicle for transporting six adults. Even the doorman walked out to the road side to hail any two taxi but could not get any. At this point, I saw a man gesturing to me form a distance. I ignored  him since I do not know who he was. 

Eventually the doorman surrendered as he found not taxi. He came over and said to me that the man could offer to pick up all six of us in his vehicle at 400 baht where we were heading. I said yes straight away. the driver guy came shortly with a nice clean MPV kind of van and he came with a smile. Andaman is in Thonglor where rich people live and some 5km away from Siam Square with heavy traffic. He volunteered to wait for us while we dine for a 100 baht and then another 400 baht to take us back. Deal done. As he drove, he told us about the places around, etc. at times. He turned out to be a nice bloke with good service. His name is Joe. If you or I need, we could call him. 


Our mothers often warned us not to play with our food but this is the only time I would have  a bacon or two. 

With energy stored and while waiting for the next excursion I was chatting on whatsapp with friend son soccer when I got inspired (or was it a sugar-rush) to practise a soccer scissor kick.


I have to...turn things around. The Turnaround is close. We all need to turn things around at times, like it or not.

This is the place that I like and dislike to go to. The world famous Chatuchak. Like because it is interesting and dislike as it is often crowded and too hot.

And yes it is a weekend market. We rather be early.

Not to catch worms but to avoid the sun and the heat.

Surprisingly it is much better now.

They peddle anything and everything.

You should be seeing a lot of food centres and restaurants in Singapore using such utensils to serve you food. Probably they have been shopping here. These are definitely better than plastic.

They have leashes for the world's biggest dogs. Or for people who go wild too?

Every cap you want - capitalist or communist.

Dream catchers and bangles.

Cowboys and red indians.

When was the last time you saw someone using this or not at all? These are the mortars and pestles that my grandma used and so do my mum when they were pounding and grinding chilli. 

I have even found the skull that the Eagles used for their Hotel California or Greatest Hits album cover. 

Every seasoning that you could dream of - chilli powder or lemon grass.

To tom yam.

All the funny quotes or inspirational posters that you may fancy or amuse you.

And a very interesting shop where you design your own sneakers and they will be hand-painted for you but you have to wait.

All kinds of ornamental fish...

..lined the entire row of shops

All kinds if animals including this that I saw - a fox.

Leicester City FC should adopt them for their namesake.

...to be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese