Let There Be Lights (By Endura Trading)

Genesis 1

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2. And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God move upon the face of the waters. 3. And God said: Let there be light: and there was light. And 4. God saw the light, and it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.  

The importance of light cannot be underestimated. Without the sun giving us the light and energy and many things else, we would be living in darkness. If the sun were to tilt a couple of degrees, all human lives on planet earth would be in shambles. Light is of the highest importance for without light there can only be darkness but darkness is a sheer absence of light so you cannot make darkness darker but you can make lights brighter. Always use the light or better still be the light.  

Matthew 5:14

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Whether you are a country, an organisation or just an individual, this verse or sentence is meaningful. You must have read description like "the shining light..." or "shine like a beacon". A beacon is a strong light that can be seen from far away and used to guide ships and air planes or when a country or a person who guides or gives hope to others. 

Speaking of light, I have experienced light troubles now and then for years. Don't you? When I have a new home many years ago, I decided to splurge on European designer lights which were beautiful but expensive. Not only that in the earlier days there were huge usage of light bulbs. A designer could have a curve glass cover with openings and grooves with many screws on different sides and like 10-12 bulbs inside. You will admire it until it is time you have to clean it. Worse, in a few years due to heat and its contraction and expansion it becomes tough to put it back on especially with the many screws as it gets a bit out of position. More nightmares would come as the light bulbs would take turn to blow so that you climb up and down the ladder like a monkey you wish you could climb up and slide down like in snake and ladder.

I have been to many lighting shops in the past - from swanky ones at Plaza Singapura to bread and butter ones near Sungei Road and also to friend's friend's shops at Balestier Road. It was not until I found this lighting shop that I knew it is where I can go to to solve all my lighting needs or problems. If Heineken is "probably the best beer in the world" as the slogan goes, then ''Endura Trading'' is probably the best light shop I know! Endura probably means endurable and probably from Medieval Latin meaning to last and to continue.


It is a small shop at Changi Road but as I often say, it is the size of the fight in the dog and not the size of the dog in the fight. They have all kinds of lights - some all style types, very modern ones and even those they crafted on their own. Quirky designs too if you like.



I wanted something different, even special or unique. Eye-catching maybe. Functionality is a must, designs that I like and must not cost me an arm and a leg. I needed to know the product quality, etc. I found them all here.

The first light I wanted was this four cubes which can be arranged in different formation. All squared up, joined in a straight line at the pointed angles and I chose mine in diamond formation. This ensured that in future I do not need to buy diamonds. Just point up and say - "there''!

I could enjoy light play with colours all three of Daylight, Cool White or Warm White! Brilliant in this LED light.

There is no place that one must feel more comfortable and at the same time be the king of the throne - in the bath room. This is like a light sabre from a galaxy far, far away.

It fitted my belief that style never goes out of fashion.


Keeping the room simple but well lit with a double delight.

I think this is simple yet outstanding.

A cursive signature.

It is my vote for Man of the Match!



Adrian is very passionate about what he does. Designs and quality of the lights are very good and the service impeccable! Adrian is also personable. 












It does not end here. The folks who install the lights for me are also the best that I have experienced. The are as professional. Not only that, they are also prompt, punctual, friendly and very clean. 




















I have since recommended a few family and friends who have engaged them and were satisfied and happy customers. When you want to do something like lights and other stuffs, you will always want confidence and peace of mind. This is what Endura and Adrian do and provide in large quantity. Congratulations Endura and Adrian, my favourite lighting shop.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for your kind compliments, Bro Guru. Most gratifying & appreciative. Glad to be given the chance to serve. Once again, a big THANK YOU & GOD BLESS!

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese