Essen@Pinnacle

I used to walked past this place to and fro my car park. There was once a quiet food court here. It is a small and quiet park - the Duxton Park. Two years ago, I wrote about the Duxton Plain Park:

http://gforce-guru.blogspot.sg/2013/06/duxton-plain-park.html

There is a Bodhi tree here also known as the Boh Tree where Buddha once sat below it to meditate. The Bodhi tree has heart-shaped leaves. Now I have found even more reasons to be here. The quiet food court of old has been transformed by a few enterprising people into the "Essen @ The Pinnacle''. Essen is a name of a city in Germany in the Ruhr Valley and Rhine Rivers. It is also a German word which means to dine and eat.


When I walked in, I immediately like this place. This is place where you can get restaurant food at much more reasonable prices. If you love French, you can get your duck confit, escargo, salads and many more here - get it from Garcons.

Why do commando and  pilot badges always have two wings? Haha, because one just isn't enough! Two Wings are here!

What they all said about Two Wings. Not I say hor. They have a perpetual long Q at Bukit Merah.

There are lots of great foods and cuisines all over the world but besides loving French, I always do love Italian - they give you La Stalla.

There is a seafood specialty here - Wild Wild Catch. You can see Chester in action here. Although he runs the place with a few others, you can see him helping around all the time. That is a hands on boss that everybody should like.

They carry different kinds of beer which is definitely a great thing!

For example, Kronenberg lager and blanc, Asahi, Heineken and many more. If yo do not need a full meal, you can have finger foods. 

La Stalla's pizzas are good but pepperoni is a bit salty.

Luncheon meat strips are lovely. Very unlike those pub versions.

Chicken wings from Two Wings. The tray of wings came with what looks like six pieces but before I could snap, these were what was left. In hokkien they say "kin chew beh hoo" literally translated to mean ''fast hands also not in time''.

I have no choice but to return to do a retake and since I have to do a retake I also did a re-eat. No regrets.

I got some friends to come over and they love the place. They even started  to recommend me what to eat and what to drink like this Asahi Black!

If you feel more ''ang moh pai" and like alfresco, there is space for just that. Right outside in the middle of the park.

How it looks like from the outside alfresco area.

There is also an interesting ''el jefe'' stall that says ''fresh, fun food''. They have interesting food and at the next opportunity perhaps we should try their steak.

I tried the tuna salad from Garcons and it is yummylicious! I am thinking of just doing this for lunch more often. 

We tried the signature fish and chip from Wild Wild Catch, a typical western style version unlike the bread crumb type which a very crispy.

A good crowd sizzles in the evenings. There is a Thai joint called ''Kin Khao'' which literally translated from Thai means - to eat. Will have to try it on another visit.

They are open during weekends.

It has been a very good experience so far for me and my friends, a few of them have been coming here more often than me.

Finally, a quick photo opportunity with Chester, Gina and me. When I first saw Gina, I told my friend she looked too familiar and thought I could have seen her on TV. Only days later, did I realised that she is known to some of us as we have met here around the Tanjong Pagar area. Ah, there goes my memory but it was a good recovery. Best wishes to Chester, Gina and all for the bold initiatives. If you my friends are visiting, do give me a buzz. 

The old Spiderman series has this catch words: Your friendly neighbourhood - Spiderman. This is what I am. 

Essen, Kin Khao - dine and eat, the essence of life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese