The Bark Cafe

Singapore is not the Little Red Dot for nothing. We are still a concrete jungle with pockets of green. When you are in some countries, there are plenty of concrete and little green, in fact, very few trees.

There are still many place within the Little Red Dot where you can find acres of green. I find myself extremely comfortable in the midst of nature.

So I wandered to a corner of Changi to experience an interesting find which I am sure some of you know. I was early and there were plenty of space to park.

I find that Singaporeans worked far too hard. Working hard is a virtue by itself for there is nothing without work - "Nil Sine Labore". But if we were to just work and nothing else, then that is not life. At the end of the day, it is the little things that matter.

Anyway, there is a little museum here which I may visit another time some day as it was closed when I came. I saw a man who stood at the gate of the chapel in silence. He must be whispering a prayer. I whisper prayers in my little heart all the time. I just love mobile technology. Free roaming prayers and free prayers for all. Love and peace to all mankind.

This plaque says it all, history of Changi.

I love such settings. If I were a rich man, my backyard would look something like this.

We were seated on high bar stools at first but opted to shift outside even nearer and right next to the green. 

Welcome to The Bark Cafe.

Famous chicken wings they say. We all need wings. To fly.

The  satay is good. I have tried. Quite a chunk of meat. Different from other satay.

Chef Eric Neo, he is in charge here. Crayfish hor fun seems good fun.



















The mee goreng is nice too.



















But we were not there to eat, really.




We were there to chill. To let what little is left of our hair down.

The beautiful lights came on as the sun sets.

As we left,the crowd came in.

We passed by the kitchen.

The car park was already full in the evening as we were leaving. Nice place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese