Frienzie Bar And Bistro

I have known this place for a long time but that is just because I do my exercise around there. I would run 3km there from home and run or walk back. At times, I would cycle there and beyond as the park connector connects you all the way to Punggol End and further up to Punggol Marina but I have never found time to have a meal here. 

Some friends who have been here told me it is good and some of them actually called me to ask for direction but when they inquired they are fond of saying Punggol Park. Come on, this is Sparta! er, I mean Punggol Promenade. Punggol Park is at the end of Upper Serangoon Road/Hougang and beginning of Sengkang. Among other reasons, they say they like it here is because they could bring their dogs here. If I were a rich man I would bring my pet Cheetah just like they do in the Middle-East.

A few other restaurants have changed hands and the fact that they are still here means they have the staying power. Something good is happening right under my nose. So on a hot Sunday evening, my family asked "where shall we go and what shall we have for dinner?" I thought of having my revenge - "anything!" But being the loving gentleman that I am, I simply said - "let's go to Frienzie at Punggol Promenade!"  

I hope that this lovely place will not suffer from over crowding in time to come as car parks in the vicinity can some times be a problem as it is but the lovely setting makes you forget about the hassle - clear blue sky and greenery.

And on a hot day, a clear cold mug of ice cold beer - one for one during happy hours cannot go wrong. The reason is to be happy!

I like to casual setting and the way the utensils and dishes are and how the food are served.

Their steaks and other Western dishes are popular.

Like the battered fish and chips.

Or seafood spaghetti.

But when I saw this, I found it quite irresistible - the crayfish hor fun served in a large plate. The hor fun stir-fried with dark sauce and comes with some wok hei, not perfect but enough to taste the breath of the wok.

The gravy is generous and it was delicious.


















For those who can't do without rice, this is a good choice - sambal fried rice with har cheong kai.

It comes with achar by the side which is refreshing.

 
Do not miss this one. Pork knuckles with delicious keropok.


















It was fabulous. We love it. Since you bring your dog along, he shall love you more if you give it the bone.





By then the sun was setting. It was getting cooler and the crowd thicker. Time to soak in the sights before leaving.

Even the moon was coming up.

As I was leaving, I was thinking - let's come here again. I like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Choo

The Kallang Roar! (Part Three)

The Hainanese